different app store looks?

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy s2 on at&t.

when I got the phone on the store I signed in to gmail account #1

after fiddling with it for a few days, I decided to do el a hard reset and do a do over and signed in to another gmail account. Gmail account #2

their app store looks different.

gmail account 1 has the tabs of apps, games, movies and books on the left side of the screen and some featured apps here and there

gmail account 2 is divided into two parts. The upper half is green with a "flow" of app icons on top and three choices on the bottom half of apps, games and at&t. The lower half has a list of featured apps.

what does this mean?

NickAVV

Lionfish Apps
Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
The store you're describing on Gmail Account 2 sounds like the older version of the Market app. Give it a while and it will automatically update itself to the one you're used to. Until then, it should still be functional, so there's no worries!

Reactions: johnj2803

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
thanks!

one thing, is there a way to know that your app needs updating? Is there like a button to press so i can update them all in one go?

NickAVV

Lionfish Apps
Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Your phone will give you a notification when it detects you have apps with available updates. However, you can go into the Market application, press menu, and choose "My Apps" (the old version may say "My Downloads" or something like that, I can hardly remember). If you have any updates they'll appear at the top, and there will be a button to update them all at once.

You can also choose to automatically update an app (this must be done on an app-by-app basis), though if the update changes which permissions an app uses you'll have to manually approve of the update.

Reactions: johnj2803