Am using an unrooted EVO 3D (Android 2.3.4) and the Market is stuck on version 2.3.6, which is way, way, behind 3.1.5 or whatever is now out. I've tried every trick I've seen here and other places to force it to update: I've FSed and cleared the data; I've done that in reverse; I've soft reset the phone; I've uninstalled App2SD. Nothing has any effect, and searching more doesn't yield any different advice.

Before I hard reset, which I'd rather not do if I can avoid it, does anyone have any other suggestions? TIA.
    11-08-2011 06:51 AM
    The only thing I can think of is download the .apk file and install it.
    11-08-2011 05:42 PM
    Yep, thanks, I've done that, but it's frustrating to think the Market app's auto-update mechanism on my phone is out of commission permanently.
    11-08-2011 06:43 PM
    Yeah I understand. Apparently there is a newer version than 3.1.5 and I've been trying to get it, but I haven't been able to. I wish Google would put a check for update option within the market.
    11-08-2011 07:53 PM
    Yeah I understand. Apparently there is a newer version than 3.1.5 and I've been trying to get it, but I haven't been able to. I wish Google would put a check for update option within the market.
    If you're saying you can't find the newest market version, here it is. http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...available.html
    11-08-2011 08:06 PM
    I was just pushed the new version of the market.
    11-09-2011 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD