Installing old apps on new device

jeffeboi

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey All,

I'm new to the AndroidCentral Forums so firstly hello! I've been on AndroidCentral reading articles for some time but now I need the help of the community at large.

Sorry if this is a duplicate post, I had a look around and couldn't find anything that helped...

So I've just bought the wonderful HTC One X. This is my second Android device.

My question is:

Is there a way to Automatically install all my old apps from my old phone's SD card to my new phone through the Market? I can't just transfer the SD card of course (no SD slot in the One X)...

Is the only way to do it to transfer all the data from my SD Card to my Computer, then transfer it all to my phone?

Thanks in advance!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Correct.. old phones SD Card transferred to computer... computer transferred to new phone.

Unless your phone is rooted and you have all your apps + data stored on the sd card.. you can just sign into the Google Play Store and all your apps will be saved to your Google/GMail account which you can than just download them again to the new phone.

jeffeboi

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Awesome thanks. Would there be any repercussions to just dumping all the data from the SD card to the new phone? The folder names in the SD card don't male it easy to determine what's what, and with over 20Gb of data its quite tedious checking each folder.