Google "gift" cards" Will it ever happen

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Every time I purchase an app for my kids for their ipods, it comes from gift cards they received from birthdays or Christmas, etc.

Every time I purchase an app for their rooted nooks, it comes of the CC.

Do you think we will ever see some sort of google gift card redemable at their store/ market?
I don't think it's unreasonable and would be even benefitial.
I know sprint has in carrier billing, which gives you another option but I think a gift card type program would be great.

Thoughts?

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree, for myself the "gift card" or redeemable token of some kind would be a great option for the time being. I have a "thing" against credit cards, and since I'm outside of the US, there is no way I know of for purchasing apps. (I tried a "gift card visa" with Google wallet, but no dice...)

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
A gift card program would be GREATLY appreciated, especially by me. I have an iPod touch and whenever I buy games for it (the only thing I use it for), it ALWAYS comes from gift cards. I don't understand why Google doesn't have gift cards of its own...??? There has to be something to do with business or perhaps company politics maybe...I guess. It just really stinks that don't have anything like that. I've tried the prepaid Visa card before and while it worked, I have a problem paying the $3 activation fee on top of however much the gift card is for every time I want to purchase an app in the Play Store. Boo.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Every time I purchase an app for my kids for their ipods, it comes from gift cards they received from birthdays or Christmas, etc.

Every time I purchase an app for their rooted nooks, it comes of the CC.

Do you think we will ever see some sort of google gift card redemable at their store/ market?
I don't think it's unreasonable and would be even benefitial.
I know sprint has in carrier billing, which gives you another option but I think a gift card type program would be great.

Thoughts?

Thank you! Someone else feels this way! Every time I go to the store and see iTunes gift cards i think...why can't Google do this?.... they would do well if advertised correctly

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze