Probably a newb question. But I need help deleting apps from my download list in the market. Its apps im never ever going to use again and I have to scroll miles and miles just to look at what I have downloaded. Tried longpressing and just about everything I can think off. Can someone please help thanks!
    06-13-2010 04:47 PM
    You can uninstall an app from the Downloads list in the Market app, but you can also go into Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications, and then they are there alphabetical. You are able to uninstall the app there as well.
    06-13-2010 05:19 PM
    Yeah, as long as the apps get properly uninstalled (I would always do this from within the market app itself) they will go away by themselves.

They may still show during that session, but the next time you open the Market, they will be gone.
    06-13-2010 05:24 PM
    Yea but after I uninstall the apps they are still stuck in your downloads list, listed as purchased. Is there a way to remove the purchased apps that you are never going to use? I may have to screenshot what Im speaking of.
    06-13-2010 06:46 PM
    Yea but after I uninstall the apps they are still stuck in your downloads list, listed as purchased. Is there a way to remove the purchased apps that you are never going to use? I may have to screenshot what Im speaking of.
    Only if you uninstall them in the initial 24-hour trial period. Let that be a painful reminder to you to not buy everything that makes you go "Hmm, interesting."
    06-13-2010 07:25 PM
    Ahhh, I don't have any stray pay apps. I either return them before the 24 hrs or keep 'em.
    06-13-2010 07:28 PM
    There's one app called "talk back" once that sucker is installed it takes an act of congress to get it off.

OP: check out an app called "app brain" it lets you manage your apps on your pc and then sync with the device. Very nifty for uninstalling a bunch of apps all at once.

By the way, isn't it the coolest feature ever to be able to test drive a paid app for 24 hours and return? Love it!
    06-13-2010 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD