Most likely in the next day or two I will be upgrading to an Android phone. I have spent some money on some iPhone apps and I realize that I will have to re-purchase them if I really want them. The part that sucks is that some of these apps are significantly more expensive on the Google Play Store than on the AppStore. So that's why I'm here. Looking for alternatives to the apps listed below by the Android experts.

1. IM+ Pro
      $9.99 on the AppStore vs $4.99 on the Google Play Store
      Used for messaging across multiple services such as MSN, Skype, Facebook, etc.
    2. Counterpath Bria
      $7.99 on the AppStore vs $8.18 on the Google Play Store
      Used for SIP telephony. My home phone provider allows me to use this app to make and receive calls on my cell just like a handset at home. Requires custom SIP settings to be entered.
    3. iVMControl
      $9.99 on the AppStore vs $14.54 on the Google Play Store
      Used to control my VM Host and VM Machines remotely.

These are really the ones I use and care about the most. From the AppStore they total $27.97. From the Google Play Store they total $27.71. I've already paid for the apps, I'd just hate to have to pay for them again just because I've switched platforms. And to be completely truthful I could probably do without IM+ Pro as I don't really use it that much.

Are there any free alternatives to these apps, or cheaper
    06-11-2012 09:59 PM
    Consider talking to the devs to see if they would send you a dl link for the android apk's. Explain that you are converting from apple to android, and would like to continue using their products.
    06-11-2012 10:34 PM
    Consider talking to the devs to see if they would send you a dl link for the android apk's. Explain that you are converting from apple to android, and would like to continue using their products.
    Yes, I was looking at changing to a droid and wanted to know about the apps too. Thanks will check out.
    06-25-2012 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD