Hello all,
    First off I'm using EVO LTE. So here goes. When I search for an app and start scrolling down through the results and I select an app to look at, and then I press the back button to go back to the search results it brings me back to the top of the list. As you can imagine, this is incredibly irritating.

I have already tried going to settings->applications and going to the Play Store and un-installing updates for the Play Store and then after this is done I go back to my app drawer and open up the Play Store which then tells me the market is changing to the play store etc and then prompts me to accept the terms of service. After I do all of this, it temporarily fixes the above mentioned problem. Once I have exited the app and re-open it the problem is back. Once I search for an app and then scroll down, click on an app to check it out, and then click back to the search results to look at more of the results it brings me back to the top of the list!! How frustrating!

If you are experiencing this or have any comments or suggestions, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    07-21-2012 02:23 AM
    Hi!

I have exactly the same problem, very annoying. Is someone knows any solution? I have Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Android 4.1.1. (Jelly Bean) Rooted. few weeks before I had Android 4.0.4. (ICS) Rooted -with same problem.

Thanks in advance.

Greets:Karoly
    07-21-2012 04:09 PM
    Yes, indeed quite annoying. Makes browsing and searching for apps very frustrating and unenjoyable.
    Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Perhaps the Android Central community can check and see how theirs is working and post here to help us out.. Please?
    Thanks again for reading and for any help guys!

07-22-2012 06:52 PM
    I cant believe that nobody got the same problem.. im almost sure, this is a problem with version of the play store: 3.7.13. I tried to download an older version and install. For the first run works, but the auto update brings back the version 3.7.13 its more annoying than the problem that we mentioned. I hate when a software don't let me choose, especially in situation like this. (Except that, its downloaded itself on my limited data connection) I will be really glad if someone can give any useful answer to our question. I hope we dont need to wait for the next version of playstore.
    07-24-2012 04:26 AM
    I have the same issue. It took me a few Google searches to find this thread.
    Have any of you found a solution?
    Have any of you posted this on other forums? I will gladly take up the torch because this is one thing that is really irritating me. The fact that there are so many choices with such a huge discrepancy of quality makes reading user reviews necessary. I would also like the ability to sort the results, rating, date updated, etc...

Edit: thanks to the OP for the info! At least a temporary work around? I did what you described and can open and close the store and be able to hit the back button and return to my place in the list. I Aldo cleared search history.
    Droid Bionic
    07-25-2012 01:07 AM
    I think better if we try to find another way for help / solution, because this forum thread is abandoned... i'll come back if i have solution.
    07-25-2012 05:47 AM
    No, haven't posted this problem on any other forums. And I really do hope someone has or finds a solution and posts it here!

07-25-2012 02:33 PM
    I cant believe that nobody got the same problem.. im almost sure, this is a problem with version of the play store: 3.7.13. I tried to download an older version and install. For the first run works, but the auto update brings back the version 3.7.13 its more annoying than the problem that we mentioned.....
    I am running version 3.7.15 of the Google Play Store. And I am still encountering this problem. More people out there on these AC forums must be also experiencing this right? Please post here if you are or if you have a possible reason, idea, or fix for this!
    Thanks

07-27-2012 08:03 PM
    For me still the same..... 3.7.15 not fixed this problem..
    07-27-2012 10:39 PM
    Any ideas..? Anyone...? :-(

07-30-2012 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD