Seeking voicemail app that shows number of unheard voicemails

Quijana

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello all!
I am new to smartphones, have had mine less then a month. It is a thing of wonder, but it has one glaring fault: It does not show me how many unheard voicemail messages I have.
My old plain cell phone was able to do this.
But my Samsung Galaxy S3 has a green phone icon with the number of missed calls (from known contacts only as far as I can tell) in a tiny orange circle on the green phone icon and that is it. No unheard voicemail indicator anywhere. And I have gotten calls from clients using numbers not on my list and they do not show up even as a missed call. I have to dial *86 and go into the actual voicemail to see how many I have.
I really really want an icon that shows me how many total unheard voicemails I have from ALL sources, not just my contacts. My old phone was able to do this.
I do not want my unheard voicemails transcribed into a typed message.
I do not want my unheard voicemails emailed to me.
I simply want to be able to glance at my phone and see an icon with a number on it that shows me how many unheard voicemails I have. It seems really simple, but I have scoured the Google App Play Store and have not found a single app or widget that appears able to do this.
Any help would be appreciated. This is truly making me nuts. I even tried to see if I could make one myself with the Tasker app, but my skills are too low to figure it out and all my attempts have failed. Please help if you can. I am desperate. Sanity is seriously at stake here. It is the one thing I find I hate about my phone.
Thank you!
Darcy

Voice-Guy

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
You should look into Google Voice. I just signed up for it a few days ago to use for my voice mail. Wish I would have done it a long time ago. Not sure if it will do everything you want but it would be worth checking out the information videos on the Google Voice web page.

Erin Perry

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same situation. Once someone leaves a voicemail, their phone number doesn't show up in the logs, and their message that they leave is, "Give me a call back at this number" Very frustrating.

Doreen99

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone answered this call for help? I am ready to purchase a new phone and my purchase is gong to be based on this very notification capability. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to have a voice mail sit there unanswered. Not my style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez