Is it possible to "transfer" amazon app store purchases to google play?

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I am probably using the incorrect terminology, but hopefully this can help show what I am trying to ask.

I have bought a few applications off the Amazon App Store. However, Amazon Appstore seem to behind in terms of updating applications. Widgetlocker Lockscreen for example, is at 2.3.1 on the Google Play Store, while on the Amazon Appstore, its' at 2.2.x.

I was wondering if it was possible to get WLL or any other application that is behind in updates off the Play Store for free, since I already bought it (although it was not from the Play Store).

Mephisto_VI

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
As it deals with different billing systems, and transferring money from one company to another (who would want to give their money to someone else?...) the answer is no, unless you get REALLY lucky on it. I used to have an iPhone and have quite a few apps I would like to get again, but Google has already answered that they cannot transfer anything. Best suggestion, contact the app's developer and provide order details and see what they can do. It is the only other suggestion I can make.

Avenger

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
You'll be SOL. Would be nice to be able to transfer my free apps of the day over to the real play store though. Wishful thinking is all that will ever be!