I just got my Droid X. I have an existing Google checkout that I have no problems with and I added another card yet I get "unusable for this purchase" when I try to select payment. I am trying to get pure calendar and beautiful widgets that show up in sterling. These are the first apps that I am trying to buy.

Any suggestions?
    07-16-2010 05:17 PM
    The thing is my card is fine it didn't even try to charge it. It just says I can't use it for the purchase and I was wondering if it happened to anyone else as these were the first two apps I was trying after looking over the massive best apps thread.
    07-16-2010 07:23 PM
    You can't use American express on orders from the market that are not in US dollars (like beautiful widgets) Are you trying to use American express? Some other cards might do the same thing.
    07-16-2010 07:25 PM
    Thanks spaceman. Yes Amex, I tried two Amex cards but I'll try a Visa.
    07-16-2010 08:53 PM
    Lisa0, Spaceman is correct. According to Android Market Help

American Express and Discover cards are only accepted for orders where the seller is in the US.
    john_v likes this.
    07-17-2010 06:58 AM
    Lisa0, Spaceman is correct. According to Android Market Help

American Express and Discover cards are only accepted for orders where the seller is in the US.
    Thanks for this...explains why my discover card wasn't working!

The cool thing is I did a google search for this problem, and this entry at androidcentral was the first result! Guess I should have just searched here first
    02-14-2011 06:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD