Google Play Card Error... "Could not redeem code at this time"

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
So I received 3 Google Play Gift Cards for Christmas. I scratched off the backs of 2 of them to reveal the redeem codes. I have been trying since Christmas Day to redeem them and I keep getting this same error.... "Could not redeem code at this time. Please try again later" At first I thought maybe a lot of people were trying to redeem since it was right after Christmas. But now 3 days later it's not funny. After searching it doesn't seem like Google has invested in a good customer support system. Maybe they should buy one up, just like they are doing with other small companies. :)

Anywho, I would greatly appreciate anyone's help with this as I have $70 in Google Play cards and can't use them!! Argh it's annoying!

Edit: I should add that I have tried to redeem them on both my phone via the Play Store, on my tablet via the Play Store and within a game trying to make an in-game purchase.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
What is a go gift card?

I still can't redeem my 2 $10 Google play cards. Something is really wrong with Google play.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

andie93

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried to calling the 800 number (855-466-4438) on the back of the card?

I have a $10 one where the clear sticker that covers the code and has the scratch-off coating peeled up while scratching it and consequently scratched away two of the characters. I'm waiting to call right now since the line doesn't open until 11 Pacific time. I haven't called them before, but I'll update on their helpfulness once I do.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Okay thanks please let me know how helpful they are. I have not tried calling the number. My other $50 card redeemed fine so it's just these 2 $10 ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

andie93

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Definitely try giving them a call.

I called yesterday a few minutes after they opened. I was on hold for maybe 30 seconds, tops. I was on the phone for less than five minutes, and that was even with taking the optional automated survey afterwards. I know my situation isn't quite the same, but they were easy to deal with. They just asked for a couple numbers off my card and said they'd email me and need me to send a picture of the back of my card. I'm still waiting to hear back, but I figured it might take a bit longer because of the weekend. Hopefully I'll hear back on Monday.

andie93

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I got an email bright and early this morning with the code from my mangled card.

It's worth a shot calling for any redemption issues.

Thomas Kim

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
The card wasn't activated. I had the same problem and called and the customer service told me that the card wasn't activated and you have to get the receipt and go to the cashier to activate it.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
im having the same problem with promotional credits from the galaxy note 8 deal....it won't apply at all..kept getting "could not redeem code at this time. Please try again later' on my phone

and "There was an error redeeming the gift card, please try again" when I do it through the browser

I tried it to add it on an alias gmail account and it worked fine.....something is definitely wrong

Ashimus Prime

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Well it is sad to say that I am glad I am not the only one having this problem! I have a $25 card from Christmas and have also tried redeeming it via my tablet and laptop and all it keeps doing is going back to the "name, postal code, country" process. Granted the cards a very new, not even 6 months out yet, but you'd think that with a company as huge as Google would at least have a support system at the ready for any unseen problems...or would that just be too simple?
Is it just me?

Hopefully something comes about sooner rather than later...I chose to go with an Android tablet because I already have a Mac and iPhone and the apps were simply a better fit for me with Android in regards to a tablet....I really hope I am not proven wrong!

:-\

Matthew Fahlman

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Trying to redeem some google play cards and it tells me that I have to have a google wallet account. When I try to register the registration window just keeps coming back. Googled it and it directed me to the google wallet app which tells me that it is not available for my country, (Canada). Can anyone help me with this?

Haze Brioso

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I bought the Google play gift card of $25 for my Samsung tab... and it keep asking for my name, country and postal code. I entered all the required info and it wont take it. I just don't know whatelse to do.. this card doesn't even have no customer service support. First time to buy this card, wont buy nothing from Google.

Rosie Posie2

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
My fellow Canadians... if you can't redeem your gift cards you because you keep getting looped back on the country, name, postal code page, go to https://wallet.google.com to actually set up your Google Wallet account after that you should be able to add your Google Play cards. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with Google customer support (1-855-466-4438) and my account is all set up and funds are added!

EDRx1

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
This is the 2nd Prob Redeeming a $25 GooglePlay Card!!!!

It recognizes my entire name and accout, but the next page tells me invalid code. Google support tells me that the checker at WALGREENS!!!!(I'M SO PISSED AT BOTH WALGREENS & GOOGLE) didn't activate the code when I was paying for my stuff. How bout this, both are a party to larceny and I'm starting a BBB case on both. I've had it with this kind of sh*t!
-Eric R