android invasion of privacy

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Can't wait for that TaintDroid app to hit the market.

When it does there will be firestorm against some app developers. It would be wise for them to rush out "bug fix" releases to remove these practices before it gets real easy for users to detect.

Can you spell "Class Action" ?

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I want a firewall application. I want to control what goes to where.
I want the ability to block information if I so choose. Can I have that? i:)i

If it needs root that is fine since I did! i:)i

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
When will people realize that if someone wants to find your phone, they will and doing so has been possible for decades. So what if an app checks where you are to give you more relevant advertising? Gah.

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
all they need for local add is to know what tower your phone is communicating with anyways, it doesn't have to be gps based

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
all they need for local add is to know what tower your phone is communicating with anyways, it doesn't have to be gps based

Or the IP address you come in on - location is easy and if it makes an app worth developing to sell location-based ads I'd rather have the app. Of course, a paid version is also a nice alternative, but too many people are too cheap to buy it or will pirate the app.

I want a firewall application. I want to control what goes to where.
I want the ability to block information if I so choose. Can I have that? i:)i

Look for DroidWall in the market.

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
just look at your app permissions!
why does a non location based app need to know your coarse or fine gps location?

jd195

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
just look at your app permissions!
why does a non location based app need to know your coarse or fine gps location?

Coarse location would be useful for any free app with ads to target local ads at you, and not for stores and things halfway across the country

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
why is this such a big deal? Google already knows - who you talk to, what you talk about, what you do, where you do it and where you live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22