Over the weekend I posted about issues I was having syncing my Samsung Epic 4G with my Windows 7 PC and my frustration at not having a desktop application to do that. Today, the post is gone (cached here: software for Android and PC Sync. - Android Forums).

What's up with that..?
    10-04-2010 08:35 PM
    or maybe cause you were being a ***...just my $.02
    seriously though read the forum rules..
    if you really want help try asking as if your talking to a friend not to a customer support rep
    (not that you should talk to them that way either) most of the ppl here are not reps from carriers or oem and they do not get paid to put up with your attitude
    10-04-2010 09:55 PM
    Look, I'm being honest with my assessment. Is that offensive..? Did I personally insulted anyone? Did I called somebody an "a ***" like you just did? Is this an adult forum..?
    10-04-2010 10:04 PM
    We absolutely do not censor posts critical of Google. As for what happened to your thread, let me investigate and get back to you. We had a lot of Spam activity today, so maybe it was mistakenly deleted.

Edit: Yep, the OP in that thread was a spammer. There was no way to get rid of them, without getting rid of the whole thread. Sorry.
    10-04-2010 10:27 PM
    Ujorge: I'm going to manually copy all of your posts out of that thread into a new one, so you can continue your discussion.
    10-04-2010 10:34 PM
    I apreciate it, thanks...!
    BTW, I regretfully returned my Samsung Epic back to the store and activated my BB again. I'm not saying is a bad phone or that the technology is not leading edge (specially when compared to my BB Tour).

But for people like me, things have to work out of the box. I'm a computer science graduate, a software engineer and definitely not afraid of getting my hands dirty to make complex systems work... but that's what I do to pay the bills and I love to do it...

For everything else, I just need things to work. I'll keep my eyes open for the Android and hoping for the best....
    10-04-2010 11:31 PM
    I understood where you were coming from. I wanted to smash my first Droid with a hammer after having had he Touch Pro 2 for so long. About 2 weeks later I never looked back. I think it just takes a little time to adjust.
    10-04-2010 11:51 PM
    I apreciate it, thanks...!
    BTW, I regretfully returned my Samsung Epic back to the store and activated my BB again. I'm not saying is a bad phone or that the technology is not leading edge (specially when compared to my BB Tour).

But for people like me, things have to work out of the box. I'm a computer science graduate, a software engineer and definitely not afraid of getting my hands dirty to make complex systems work... but that's what I do to pay the bills and I love to do it...

For everything else, I just need things to work. I'll keep my eyes open for the Android and hoping for the best....
    Coming from the BB world I can certainly understand your position, however, Cory is right, it takes a little time and effort and even though I'm not headed back to BB, there are still a few areas that don't match up with the BB. That being said, this is an exciting time for Android and a great opportunity for someone to fill the gap with apps that will make BB users right at home. Someone who takes a look at what people love about the BB and then sees the missing apps on Android and then goes and creates the Android app.

One of the things that caught my attention was when I was listening to music on my DX and realized I had not paired my S9 to the DX, so I jumped into the settings and the DX found and paired within a matter of seconds to the S9, then as I wandered the house doing "HoneyDo" items, I noticed that my bluetooth reception was solid as a rock, not like on my Storm2 where if I turned my head I might get a skip or blank spot. I was even able to hand my wife the headset and let her listen for a moment without a spotty connection.

So going to Android has it's upsides and some gaps, but I'm most hopeful that Android being open will fill those gaps way faster than BB.

Just my read on Android, but I've had the fun of coming from Palm, Winmo, BB and now Android and I'm having a lot more fun and success with Android.

I didn't read your original post, but I'm pretty sure that Android is a solid platform and you probably had a bad phone or setup that caused your frustration and that's too bad. The leap from BB to Android is a challenge and I understand your work demanded more but I wish you had had more patience and time to settle into what I believe will be the dominate OS for smartphones for a long time.

Good luck and hope to see you back here under better circumstances.
    10-05-2010 05:46 AM
    Why do people need "syncing" ? To me, "syncing" is just another hassle and another app to run.

Android indexes your card.

Create a "Music" folder on the root of your card and drag and drop your mp3's on there. It's super simple to do, especially someone with a computer science degree should be able to figure it out.

You can do the same for pictures also.

This feature comes on the phone out of the box.
    10-05-2010 10:24 AM
    I like to sync with DoubleTwist. Especially now that it does not require iTunes.

Sorry, and to be on topic with the discussion. I came from a Tour and there are definite hurdles to migrate over. I missed some native apps on the BB, but I found better apps for the Android. It took me about a week to get everything to a point where I like this phone better.
    10-05-2010 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD