It seems that there are a lot of apps that are requiring access to phone data that are totally irrelevant to the app.
    I just wanted to install a game and it expected access to my call history. Why does a game need access to my call history?

Do you not install an app if you don't like what it wants to access? Are there some apps that are so good that regardless of the access you would suggest installing?
    10-07-2010 08:27 AM
    I don't really care, to be honest. I'm not hiding anything anyone could use to have me killed or blackmailed, so why should it be a problem for me? As long as an app does not get access to phone controls or information that could potentially give a transgressor access to my bank accounts and such, I don't mind. I tend to only install apps that are tried and approved by the community though, Anything with less than 3-3.5 stars on the Market, I don't even look at.
    10-07-2010 08:53 AM
    I don't recall a call history permission. Can you post the specific name of the permission as listed? Why an app needs a permissions isn't always as straightforward as just looking at the name of the permission. You might want to read up on the details regarding the various permissions.
    10-07-2010 10:43 AM