I have even uninstalled them and they still show on the market as installing. There's no percentage or anything, just installing.
    10-11-2010 07:11 AM
    Mine is doing the same thing with 4 installing since yesterday afternoon. Rebooting as well as a battery pull did not help. I'm guessing it's a problem with the market, not your device, and hoping it will clear itself up.
    10-11-2010 07:16 AM
    I searched (amazing function) for this and found someone's solution:

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Market > Clear Data

It fixed mine.
    10-11-2010 07:28 AM
    Also try pressing and holding the pending download/install in the Market app to cancel.
    10-11-2010 07:57 AM
    I searched (amazing function) for this and found someone's solution:

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Market > Clear Data

It fixed mine.
    Please remember that how you say things is just as important as what you say.

Thanks for the info.
    10-11-2010 08:20 AM
    I don't like the scary note with the Clear Data...will it remember to auto download? Does it know what I have installed?

Holding down the downloading file to cancel doesn't do anything, other than for the moment. If it doesn't forceclose.
    10-11-2010 10:14 AM
    I tried that and it didnt work. I now have a Dell Streak stuck on installing some widget.. tried clear cache/data, and nada..
    10-11-2010 10:30 AM
    Please remember that how you say things is just as important as what you say.

Thanks for the info.
    Are you kidding me? I think the world may be getting a little too hyper sensitive. I was poking fun at myself for not doing my own search on the subject.
    10-11-2010 02:10 PM
    I don't like the scary note with the Clear Data...will it remember to auto download? Does it know what I have installed?

Holding down the downloading file to cancel doesn't do anything, other than for the moment. If it doesn't forceclose.
    All your apps still show up, you just have to click that you agree to the Market terms again. Can't speak to the auto download, as I don't use it, but I would imagine that you can just turn it back on if it gets changed to being off.
    10-11-2010 02:13 PM
    I have 7 apps that have been downloading for three days now, and have tried most all the solutions given in the above thread with no luck. I can install new apps with no problems. The apps that say they are downloading still work, but it bothers me to go to Market > Menu >, Downloads, and see these 7 with the scrolling green bars every time I look. There may be one more drastic step and that is to uninstall updates:
    Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > [there is no ALL?] Market > Uninstall Updates as I do not want to lose the few updates I have gotten properly.

Not seeing any replies for a hour or so, I decided to try the "Uninstall Updates" and what it did was uninstall the Market, which was still on my apps screen (in the same location) and then when I launched the Market app I had to re-agree and it loaded back in just fine and it stopped those 7 updates!! It does not remove all updates, just the Market App updates, so all is good now.

Hope my fustrating experience helps someone else, I love this thing but that crazy constant updating was not right!!
    10-26-2010 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD