To install APK applications on your Android phone do the following:

1. Copy the APK file you want to install to your phone's memory card and insert the card into your Android phone.
    2. Go to Android Market and search for the Apps Installer application.
    3. Open it and click on the Install button.
    4. After it is installed, just open it. It will show you all the APK files stored directly in the root directory of your memory card.
    5. Just click on the application you want to install and it will be installed.

more about apk:
    10-15-2010 09:30 AM
    Thanks for the info. I'm having an issue installing the angry birds apk on my evo. I tried the above steps but my phone displays a screen saying "application not installed"

I ran into this problem when trying to install the beta but I was able to unmount my SD card and install it directly from the Android Market.

Any tips?
    10-15-2010 10:12 AM
    Thanks for the info. I'm having an issue installing the angry birds apk on my evo. I tried the above steps but my phone displays a screen saying "application not installed"

I ran into this problem when trying to install the beta but I was able to unmount my SD card and install it directly from the Android Market.

Any tips?
    I had the same problem with my EVO and needed to unmount the memory card to get the install to work. If the apk has the same problem I'm guessing we don't have many options if the apk is on the memory card.
    My only guess would be to place the apk directly on the phone.
    I think for me I am just going to wait now for it to appear in the market for real. I am hoping that will be soon.
    10-15-2010 10:39 AM
    I have a folder on my card called "download" and there in lies bunches of installation files I download from wherever for that rare occasion where something needs to be reinstalled. I install files from there using Astro.
    10-15-2010 11:46 AM
    I have the same issue on my incredible. Every app that wants to install to the Sd card by default fails to install. I have to unmount to get it to go. No one has found a reason for this? Could there be a conflicting folder/file?
    10-15-2010 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD