Application Stuck in Installing Status

CAKeeler

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I have an application stuck in "Installing" mode. When I go to application downloads it shows up as installing. There is no way to cancel it and it appears to be affecting other programs from being uninstalled. Trying to uninstall Wave Secure and it won't uninstall. I have removed the battery, even tried a task killer (didn't see anything) but nothing will remove it.

Any suggestions?

Caned

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Help, I'm new here.....I have the Samsung Fascinate and I had an app installed that was working fine. All of a sudden it just says installing and I can't do anything with it. I even uninstalled the offending app and it is still hung up on "installing" in the market...won't let me stop...won't let me cancel.....

...I cleared the cache of the market in the manage apps section and that did nothing.

Can someone help me PLEASE!

Thanks

noles200

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Same issue. Unfortunately I tried uninstalling apps. Now they don't show anywhere but they still show as installing so I can't clear cache or anything because it looks like they don't exist.

noles200

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
OK, here is my last ditch effort that worked.

I used AppMonster and backed up my apps. I would guess you can do this with any uninstaller.

Then went and uninstalled the market via AppMonster. It didn't really seem to uninstall the market because the app was still on my phone. However, when I clicked on the app I had to agree to terms of service like it was the first time I was using it. When I went into market to look at downloaded apps. The two apps that were stuck in install mode are no longer stuck like that and show but show as "free" as they are not installed.

Such a simple fix to just uninstall then reinstall the market app. Can't believe I didn't think of it first.

BizzyB

May 22, 2010
Visit site
OK, here is my last ditch effort that worked.

I used AppMonster and backed up my apps. I would guess you can do this with any uninstaller.

Then went and uninstalled the market via AppMonster. It didn't really seem to uninstall the market because the app was still on my phone. However, when I clicked on the app I had to agree to terms of service like it was the first time I was using it. When I went into market to look at downloaded apps. The two apps that were stuck in install mode are no longer stuck like that and show but show as "free" as they are not installed.

Such a simple fix to just uninstall then reinstall the market app. Can't believe I didn't think of it first.

It's not even as in depth as all that.

1. Go to Settings.
2. Manage Applications.
3. Select All tab.
4. Select Market.
5. Force stop.
6. Clear cache.
7. Clear data.
8. Open Market and accept Terms.

Problem solved without losing data or apps.

Last edited:
Reactions: packerbacker

CAKeeler

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanx ... this cleared up the download being stuck issue. I now have downloads failing but that may be just a network or phone issue and will try them later.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site

1. Go to Settings.
2. Manage Applications.
3. Select All tab.
4. Select Market.
5. Force stop.
6. Clear cache.
7. Clear data.

Got to step 7. Didn't see a "clear data" option. So SwiftKey is still "installing". :(

jimnbville

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Had issue with apps installing and counld not kill the install. Found answer. Go to Manage apps, Market, uninstall updates and clear cache. That should take care of the problem.

Justintime13

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
With the latest update for Samsung Galaxy apps, it won't let you past the splash screen without forcing you to update. Does anyone know the root cause of this issue? I have apps at total random that get stuck on "installing". Some that have worked fine in the past and some that are new to my world. I've forced stopped, unistalled/reinstalled , cleared cash, restarted phone etc and still nothing. One of the apps I'm trying to install is as simple as a watch face for gear. Others are just run of the mill galaxy utilities. Any help would be very much appreciated.

mos61

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
With the latest update for Samsung Galaxy apps, it won't let you past the splash screen without forcing you to update. Does anyone know the root cause of this issue? I have apps at total random that get stuck on "installing". Some that have worked fine in the past and some that are new to my world. I've forced stopped, unistalled/reinstalled , cleared cash, restarted phone etc and still nothing. One of the apps I'm trying to install is as simple as a watch face for gear. Others are just run of the mill galaxy utilities. Any help would be very much appreciated.

1. Go to Settings.
2. Manage Applications.
3. Select All tab.
4. Select Market.
5. Force stop.
6. Clear cache.
7. Clear data.

I am now having the same problem with my Samsung galaxy s4. I was told that Acrobat Reader needed to be updated. But now it is stuck on installing mode. It is not in my apps manager either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikhil M1

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site

1. Go to Settings.
2. Manage Applications.
3. Select All tab.
4. Select Market.
5. Force stop.
6. Clear cache.
7. Clear data.

nope didnt work for me :( its still stuck on status "installing" and now my usb is stopped working. when i connect to my pc with cable it is not showing its connected. i also tried tweeking debugging mode and stuffs like that but nope!! and its not windows problem i tried in ubuntu too.Now its driving me crazy help me please!!!

chris722

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
I went into Google Play Store in settings and uninstalled all updates to that app. I shut down the phone. Started up the phone and my apps started updating on WiFi. Google Play Store updated itself to the latest version. No problems.

This is on a Moto E running Lollipop

Andrei Goga1

Apr 8, 2018
Visit site
Hello everyone,
Not sure if anyone still has these issues but thought I'd post how I managed to get out of this and resume installation of pending apps...

After 2 days of being stuck on "installing app 114 of 170".... I got it to resume installing by doing this :

Go to Google play
To to installed apps
You'll see what's pending, etc, and here, find the one app that says "installing"
Tap to open it
Once open (in Google play, showing app details, etc), click the properties button (to right corner, the three dots button), then I check auto-update.
Tap the back button to go back to the list of apps...
The app will now actually install and the prices will resume without problems. Afterwards, you can go back and re-enable autoupdate for the app on question.
I was on a oneplus phone but I'm sure this is not specifically related to phone model.
Hope this helps!
Good luck!

shiva kumar24

Aug 18, 2018
Visit site
Hi guy's im new here
After updating my samsung j2-6 it turned on and showing installing applications and it's struck on that only what should i do plz help me guy's plz...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX