Applications not getting installed from MARKET

Jmeiii

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, after I tried the temporary fix, by unmounting the SD Drive, I tried the permanent fix of deleting the Android.Secure folder and received the same error. I even deleted it by tapping into the folder list from the computer. Pretty much the same thing. I'm about to ask on that thread for some advice.

Ok. Here's what I did. I moved all stuff off of my SD card that I did not want to lose or couldn't easily replace ( for me that's just pictures and apps ). I moved the apps to the phone and the pics to the computer. Then I formatted the SD card, unmounted, mounted it, and rebooted ( probably didn't need to reboot but did anyway). I moved all of my stuff back to the SD card and tried downloading a couple of the apps in question. All good. YAY!! It may seem like a lot of work, but it's really no more tedious than the " semi-permanent fix " mentioned above. Only took me about 15 minutes.

jmklei0

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Here's what I did. I moved all stuff off of my SD card that I did not want to lose or couldn't easily replace ( for me that's just pictures and apps ). I moved the apps to the phone and the pics to the computer. Then I formatted the SD card, unmounted, mounted it, and rebooted ( probably didn't need to reboot but did anyway). I moved all of my stuff back to the SD card and tried downloading a couple of the apps in question. All good. YAY!! It may seem like a lot of work, but it's really no more tedious than the " semi-permanent fix " mentioned above. Only took me about 15 minutes.
Yeah, I was thinking of formatting it, as well. Just was wondering the exact additional steps and whether it would screw it all up. Good to know. Thanks so much. I'll just use Titanium Backup to batch move my apps to the phone.

jmklei0

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
For me, this was definitely more tedious. All my apps are now re-downloading. I thought I had everything on my phone. Everything was backed up on the computer, too, so I moved it all over (except the Android.Secure) folder. Titanium Backup didn't have anything to restore, either. Not experienced enough, I guess.

jmklei0

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm scrambling today to get my phone to work now after formatting. I've run into a situation that my launcher doesn't work and I have a black home screen. Heading to a different thread to get these kinks worked out. I guess I'm too much of a newbie for this.

Thanks, though.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow reformating the card?
This is a know iissue with 2.2 Froyo, there is a file called android.secure that gets corrupted. The fix is simple move all apps back to the phone, then use a file manager or the pc to delete the android.secure file then reboot.

ladyknight

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Are you using AdFree as well? Just collaborating on possible causes. I have LauncherPro too.

Hi, sorry didn't get back sooner...no, I am not using AdFree.

I did the "clear cashe, clear data" thing. The updates that didn't work disappeared, but I still have not been able to install Angry Birds Rio.

Have not had problems with any other recent updates. Have no idea what the deal is.

Jmeiii

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm scrambling today to get my phone to work now after formatting. I've run into a situation that my launcher doesn't work and I have a black home screen. Heading to a different thread to get these kinks worked out. I guess I'm too much of a newbie for this.

Thanks, though.

Sorry that it wasn't as easy for you. Believe it or not, I'm not the most experienced either. It just seems that there is not one definitive method of solving this problem. The method I posted about was the only thing that worked for me. I did lose the progress that i had made in some of my games, but that really didn't bother me. I hope you've been able to square things away. It's been a few days since I've been on here.

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Actually, this didn't help as much as I thought. Unsuccessful installations are still occurring with about 7 of my apps, most of them games, I believe. Angry Birds Rio and Seasons, Backbreaker Football, and Buka to name a few. I'm able to download all of the updates from the Market, but not install successfully.

I have AdFree on my rooted phone. I tried to disable it a while back thinking maybe some of these companies are combating that with not installing. But, unless I was suppose to do it differently, I don't think that helped. So, I'm at a loss.

Additional info: Rooted HTC Incredible, with Cyanogenmod, Titanium Backup, LauncherPro, Adfree App, AutoKiller

try this...i started getting the issue back i did this and all my downloads worked
1. Plug phone to computer and mount it as a disk drive
2. click on the .android_secure folder
3. delete smdl2tmp1.asec file

Jmeiii

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Wow reformating the card?
This is a know iissue with 2.2 Froyo, there is a file called android.secure that gets corrupted. The fix is simple move all apps back to the phone, then use a file manager or the pc to delete the android.secure file then reboot.

For some reason, this method did not work for me and some others. We would find the android.secure, attempt to delete it, and get an " error deleting file " message. That's why I had to resort to the reformatting method. Believe me, it wasn't my first choice, but it did the job.