Hey everybody. I'm having issues with updating and installing apps. It just says starting download but never moves past that. Tried to force stop and clear cache. Never saw clear data. But my apps are still stuck. Any ideas?
    11-12-2010 08:26 AM
    Hi,

I am facing the same problem with my samsung GT i5800. Did you find a way to fix it ?

Many thanks for your help,
    11-18-2010 09:26 AM
    This is an issue with 2.2 apps get stuck in the process of trying to install to a corrupted file on your sd card

the fix is to move all apps back to phone.
    then use ''OI" or "astro file manager" to search for a file called .android_secure .
    then long press to delete the folder.
    reboot then you should be able to move apps to sd again.

Gbhil aka Jerry Hildenbrand did a piece on this search for it on the home page.
    12-16-2010 11:20 AM
    What about if you only have one or two apps like this, but the rest work. Just move those apps back?
    01-09-2011 10:41 AM
    i had the same problem with my htc incredible and a factory data reset didnt fix it. ultimately verizon sent me a new phone and that one worked fine. a friend of mine had the exact same issue and a factory data reset did fix his issues. so it depends on exactly what is going on.

1. try clearing cache and forsing stop in market app
    2. factory data reset
    3. reset in recovery mode
    4. update account/billing info in google checkout
    5. call your service provider, they should replace it if it is under warranty.

there may be some other steps to take, but nothing helped me on my dinc. seems to be a common issue...

also check out these links Installing ALL apps stuck on "Starting Download" in installation process - Android Market Help
    [Q] Android Market stuck on Starting Download - xda-developers
    Android Market not working? - Android Forums
    01-10-2011 03:00 PM
    i had the same problem with my htc incredible and a factory data reset didnt fix it. ultimately verizon sent me a new phone and that one worked fine. a friend of mine had the exact same issue and a factory data reset did fix his issues. so it depends on exactly what is going on.

1. try clearing cache and forsing stop in market app
    2. factory data reset
    3. reset in recovery mode
    4. update account/billing info in google checkout
    5. call your service provider, they should replace it if it is under warranty.

there may be some other steps to take, but nothing helped me on my dinc. seems to be a common issue...

also check out these links Installing ALL apps stuck on "Starting Download" in installation process - Android Market Help
    [Q] Android Market stuck on Starting Download - xda-developers
    Android Market not working? - Android Forums
    That is because the Android.secure file is corrupted and needs to be deleted to be refreshed. I dont know the exact reason for this but thats the long and short of it.
    01-17-2011 11:40 AM
    This is an issue with 2.2 apps get stuck in the process of trying to install to a corrupted file on your sd card

the fix is to move all apps back to phone.
    then use ''OI" or "astro file manager" to search for a file called .android_secure .
    then long press to delete the folder.
    reboot then you should be able to move apps to sd again.

Gbhil aka Jerry Hildenbrand did a piece on this search for it on the home page.
    Neither OI or Astro will let me delete the .android_secure file. OI gives me an error message and then closes and Astro says cant do. Any thoughts?

EDIT: You have to hook your phone up to the computer to view and/or delete the .android_secure file.
    01-27-2011 09:24 AM
    I am having the same problem too on my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10a! Sometimes I really hate the Android Market!

hpcomputergeek
    02-03-2011 08:18 AM
    Hallelujah! Success at last! The solution for the update problem and at least some of the installation problems (like angry birds rio) is as follows:

First, hook your phone to a computer with a usb cable - need to have your phone in "disk drive" mode. Most likely your phone will at first say "charging only." you will have to click on this to pull up a screen that allows you to change it to "mount as disk drive." Note: this may take several attempts. If your computer does not recognize the phone as being hooked-up at first, unplug it and try again.

Now, open the new drive that will appear on your computer (which, of course, is actually your phone's sd card).

Next, locate the file folders named ".android_secure" (it should be near the top of the listings).

Click on and open up this ". android_secure " folder and look for a file named "smdl2tmp1.asec"

Delete it! Destroy it! Kick it out of your life! It's what is causing the problems!

Unplug your phone. Phone will say something like "preparing sd card." It could take a bit but after that you can update all the apps including those on your sd card and angry birds and download Rio hassle free.

This, IMO, is much better than the suggestions that involve deleting the android_secure file altogether since you DO NOT have to move your apps off of the sd card and then back on again for it to work!

Credit goes to "the Engineer" who, near as i can tell, was the first to post a version of this fix. As there a a whole bunch of threads on this issue, please pass the fix on.
    03-24-2011 12:16 AM
    Hey everybody. I'm having issues with updating and installing apps. It just says starting download but never moves past that. Tried to force stop and clear cache. Never saw clear data. But my apps are still stuck. Any ideas?

Same problem here and I went to Apps-google playstore-force stop-enable and I opted to roll back to previous version. Now I am back in business.
    07-21-2017 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD