Google play error 489

GeorgesBlazah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I keep getting this error when I try to download sling TV. Ive removed google account and added it again. Deleted google play store and a google services cache with the same problem. Tried it over two WiFi networks and over my cell phone connection. I can't seem to figure this out, it downloads fine over one of my other Android phones.

ELFujj

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Ditto. Have not had this issue with other apps. Trying to get Sling installed on an LG G3 and no luck, no matter what I try.

ELFujj

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
FWIW you can work around the problem by downloading the APK onto your PC (I used apkpure.com) and then sideloading it (I used AirDroid). Annoying, but got the job done.

Silverblackrl

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Getting the same error. Had Sling installed and worked fine on the phone. Was having major problems with Chromecast tho. Thought I would try uninstalling and re-installing the sling app but now I get error 489. Followed all the steps I could find all over the internet plus the trouble shooting steps Sling walked me thru but no success. What I have found out in all my searching is seems to be only a problem on LG phones. I've seen the G4, G3, and the V10 all mentioned as having the same problem. I have a V10 myself. One person I saw got around it by downloading Sling from the Amazon app store. I haven't tried that yet but it may be my next step.

Last edited:

David Saravia

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I keep getting this error when I try to download sling TV. Ive removed google account and added it again. Deleted google play store and a google services cache with the same problem. Tried it over two WiFi networks and over my cell phone connection. I can't seem to figure this out, it downloads fine over one of my other Android phones.

Posted via the Android Central App