Looking for PlayStore Marketing advice! Anything could help!

GOLD APPS

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
First of all, I couldn't find a place here in AC related with app/game marketing discussion. Thought about the Android Game forums, but it seems more like where dev release and promote their games. So finally it's here in the General Discussion section, guess it couldn't be wrong in general section. If this thread appears to be irrelevant, do please hit me with a hint dear admins! :p

Indie game, 800+downloads/day peak, 300/day on average. What should we do now?

Hey guys! We're an indie game developing team here, who lacks experience on marketing
So here's this thread trying to get some advice and help.

There's a game of ours, which is called 44 Chairs.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=com.goldlog.mychair&token=z7V3y6PH
There was a 800+ number of download one day, and the average downloads is around 300 now. (On AppStore) We haven't done much on marketing, the only two times that it has been exposed is by 2 Chinese media, I think that was how it got the 800-downloads.

It's been doing quite good to us. Now we want to give it a try on getting more exposure, mainly on Europe and US market, especially on PlayStore. But it has been released for over a month, even longer on PlayStore, out of the new release section now. I think that is why it didn't get a good rank because we did't think it could get that far, so missed the chance.

Don't want to just sit and see another opportunity missed. But we got not much clue about marketing on PlayStore, guess there might be some very experienced people out here in AC, so here's the thread asking for advice!

What should we do now? With barely any budget.
Any suggestion would be precious to us, thanks!!

GOLD APPS

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
We released a similar thread on another forums. Most of the suggestions we got were sending e-mails to blogger&youtuber&review sites, social medias like twitter works too. Although it would be a long shot, but that's the best way for a 0-budget marketing.

Many advice were for the game itself. We received quite a few compliments as well as critics.

One guy called Sam even re-wrote a more compelling description for us:

"
In a dark, mysterious world where you must play musical chairs for eternity, only the fastest fingers survive.

Tap the screen to sit down when the light bulb turns on. Sounds simple, but be warned... tap too early, or too late and your soul will be crushed into of pain and damnation for ever and ever, or until you try again.

Put your fastest finger forward and battle your reflexes, reaction speeds and coordination against a legion of lost spirits.

Single-player mode: Play against characters like "The Priest", "The Rockstar", "Guy with a Schoolbag" and many more. They'll try and distract you, but don't let them. Play for global high-scores and to unlock new seats.

Two-player mode: You can play face to face with a friend* on one screen. When the light goes off, tap on your side of the screen first to win a point. The first one to get to 5 points wins.

*May destroy friendships.
"

GOLD APPS

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
So description were re-written, which made it more clear by reading the words and seeing graphics.
We also made a promo-video showing how the game plays based on everyone's suggestions.

Here it is!

Grosswood

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Nicely done :) Easy and yet interesting game.
You said once that you get exposed twice in Chinese media. How did you do that? And also can you advice where to get these emails of bloggers or youtubers? Kinda facing the same problem with marketing and I'm totally clueless

GOLD APPS

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Nicely done :) Easy and yet interesting game.
You said once that you get exposed twice in Chinese media. How did you do that? And also can you advice where to get these emails of bloggers or youtubers? Kinda facing the same problem with marketing and I'm totally clueless

HI Grosswood, there's a list of e-mails of those game websites.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...0WbkaTzcGSmfQEri2rr7uthn0/edit?hl=en_US#gid=0
I tried sending some review requests, but unfortunately got almost 0 replies. But guess this is quite related to how the e-mail is composed since those reviewers get tons of requests everyday. But still, will give it a try later on. And good luck to you!

As for the Chinese media. I am from Shanghai, China. So it's not very hard to get in touch with some of the game sites. But at the beginning, it's quite the same. I wrote a review request to one of site just like everyone else does, and luckily the game got selected. And then there came the second one.

Here are the two games that got selected. 10Solo and 44Chairs

10SSoloTapTap页面.png

44椅子TapTap页面.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781