Tried to download the Free App of The Day & they required credit card # & wanted cell #. I had already entered my email add & password. If the app is free, why do they need this? It makes me nervous & I don't want the hassle of correcting a charge if something happens.

If this doesn't change, I am not going back. They are a ton of good apps via the Android Market, so why bother with Amazon? Anyone have issues with this?
    03-23-2011 02:32 AM
    Forgot to mention free app of the day is Angry Birds Rio. Some apps show a price that I already have installed for free.
    03-23-2011 02:44 AM
    Amazon app is extremely slow for searching and browsing!

I downloaded Rio yesterday morning. Played for 2 hours throughout the day. As of the afternoon... I could no longer launch it. Just force closes immediately after clicking it.
    03-23-2011 08:05 AM
    I downloaded the Amazon app earlier this week. First download was the free Angry Birds Rio. I was not asked for my credit card #, perhaps because they have changed that policy. A lot of people complained about it.

I guess they need the phone number so they can send the app to your phone? I "ordered" Birds on my PC (cause I was on the site to order other stuff) and it was sent to my phone. Haven't tried accessing the store on my phone yet.

It seems as if free apps of the day show the regular price (with a line through it) as the default.

I have only downloaded 2 apps (both games). I deleted Birds after it froze my phone twice. Even though a lot of reviews on the Amazon complained about similar problems, it may have been because my phone (Hero) couldn't handle it.

A problem I have is that Amazon says you have to be logged in to use any downloaded apps. Why? So Amazon can collect usage stats? And if you uninstall the Amazon Appstore app, you can no longer use any of the apps you downloaded.

I am not sure what advantages there are to getting apps via Amazon. Convenience if I am already on Amazon? Maybe it is part of their "one stop" approach. And apps are a big thing now. Guess Amazon want to get in on the action. Fair enough, I guess.
    04-01-2011 10:53 PM
    dislike...they need a credit card information, real slow speeds downloading compared to andriod market

like.. the free app for the day
    04-08-2011 09:22 AM
    Dislike I cannot remove apps I installed and uninstalled that I did as a "test this" thingy. I wrote them to consider it in a future update. They did reply.
    04-10-2011 10:31 PM
    i believe it's to ensure you are of age to d/l certain apps. it's to verify your identity. i could be wrong, but that's usually the case when they require cc info for free things.
    04-10-2011 10:51 PM
    I really like that you can now access Market via PC online. Until this was possible, I would check out apps in AppBrain and then buy them from Market. I understand they are related anyway.

The information is the same on Market, AppBrain and the PC websites for each. But, having the website available via PC/Mac is great because you can browse apps by category.
    04-11-2011 07:24 PM
    I can't get the Android Market so I tried Amazon. Never had to submit my credit card, maybe because I have one on file with Amazon. You do have to register with Amazon Apps and download it before having access to the apps. When selecting a free app, it goes to the shopping cart as if you were making a purchase, however it rings up as a $0 purchase and is added to the Amazon purchase history. I downloaded IMDB and CBS news without any problems and the free app of the day.

Hope this helps. I need help in getting to the Android market with my Craig 2.2
    04-21-2011 11:23 PM