Adding the Android Market

JGreen7

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Picked up a basic tablet for cheap, I just wanted something for web browsing without resorting to my computer. It's running 2.2 but it's got no access to the Android Market, I'm guessing it's probably too underpowered to run any of the cooler games but is there any way I can add the Android Market so I can get some of the simpler applications, stuff like the IMDB, Opera browser and things.

Can anyone link me to a guide or give me a quick how to?

Sorry if I've reposted an old question, couldn't find anything when I searched.

bstmstrxellos

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You can't get the market unless you root it, and even then you may still have problems. Just get the amazon app store. Go to their website from you device and it should have instructions on how to download.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

JGreen7

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Is the Amazon app store just as good then? I know they've got that free app of the day offer, I don't think half of them would run on my thing though.

bstmstrxellos

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't have as many apps as the market but you can still find a good amount of the same apps and will definitely be better than nothing.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

spacepro

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a Craig 2.1 that I just upgraded to OS 2.2 from Craig. I still can't get the Android market. I get the error message about not have the phone account.. that many of us get. I have been to the Amazon market but there is very little overlap of apps with Android Market. For example, I can't get Skype, CNN, Yahoo Mail, and many others. There CBS news is excellent and they do have IMDB for movie reviews. I don't know how to root and I am afraid of losing other functions that I like, and don't want a buggy system. Any suggestions. Thanks for any guidance. I really like the tablet but want Skype and other good apps other than games.

SpacePro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay