I've searched and read posts of people asking if they can make use of their US based Android smartphones in Europe. But, no thread mentioned if the Market will work.

I'm a bit confused as I believe the Market is different based on the device AND also based on region, right? So, will I still be able to download new apps and update current installed apps from the Market as if from home here in the US (albeit via Wifi)?

Can someone confirm this or point me to some first hand knowledge or official documentation? Thanks.
    05-11-2011 09:42 AM
    I herd that you have to use AppPlanet if you are not in the USA. I may be wrong but I use AppPlanet and it works great. I hope this is usefull
    05-15-2011 11:43 PM
    Sooooooooo I just got back from europe and I have stupid sprint, android 2.1, samsung epic. Phone doesn't get service and the gps doesn't work either becoz it first have to register your phone on the network before that works? Go figure, I thought GPS was GPS? What ever...But if you get your WIFI going then its just like being in the states as far what the market allows. There is only one market native to your droid, notice how you find a crap load of chinese and S. Korean apps when ur in the US? Hope this helps...
    05-16-2011 05:23 PM
    Sooooooooo I just got back from europe and I have stupid sprint, android 2.1, samsung epic. Phone doesn't get service and the gps doesn't work either becoz it first have to register your phone on the network before that works? Go figure, I thought GPS was GPS? What ever...But if you get your WIFI going then its just like being in the states as far what the market allows. There is only one market native to your droid, notice how you find a crap load of chinese and S. Korean apps when ur in the US? Hope this helps...
    thanks. exactly what i needed to know. i've already downloaded a offline gps app in case i couldn't get gps signal. next is some type of voip or IM app.
    05-16-2011 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD