I have a droid Inc. for sale. I used it for about 3 days and switched back to my Motorola Droid. Basically, I am just sick of waiting for someone to root it and I absolutely HATE stock images. I am going to buy an Evo 4g because it is already rooted ( I guess why not ). I am asking $500 plus shipping ( if not local in Boston )it comes with hard case and a pack of 3 screen protectors.
    05-28-2010 09:07 AM
    Would it be possible for you to post pictures?
    06-01-2010 06:07 PM
    A brand new one which will come with warranty through VZW stores is only $529 no contract....
    06-01-2010 11:24 PM
    A brand new one which will come with warranty through VZW stores is only $529 no contract....
    he used it for 3 days! he already took $10.00 each day he used it. androids dont loose value.
    06-03-2010 07:46 AM

he used it for 3 days! he already took $10.00 each day he used it. androids dont loose value.

That does not matter to consumers, if its used even for a few seconds then it needs to be significantly lower than what you can buy it new.

No one is going to buy a used (no matter how new it still is) when they can get a brand new one for close to the same price.
    06-03-2010 02:21 PM
    don't forget sales tax

500 is probably a little optimistic, but definitely should not be "significantly lower"
    06-04-2010 12:21 AM
    Why can't you change images on a non rooted device?
    Plus if you go and get the EVO, you would be switching to Sprint and what have two lines on two separate carriers?
    06-04-2010 09:04 AM
    Why can't you change images on a non rooted device?
    Plus if you go and get the EVO, you would be switching to Sprint and what have two lines on two separate carriers?
    He's talking about flashing the ROM not pictures
    tony bag o donuts likes this.
    06-04-2010 01:25 PM
    Sent you a PM.
    06-04-2010 08:35 PM
    Sent you another PM.
    06-07-2010 10:05 PM
    Agreed, this is NOT a straight line depreciation. Most of the value of buying something used as opposed to new is the price savings and the integrity of the person/place that you are buying it from. Since most people on this don't know you from a hole in the wall, expecting to get 95% of original value is rediculous. For all we know, you rang up an obscene bill with th vendor in those 3 days and we would then be unable to even activate the phone until the bill is paid. Additionally, you may say there's nothing wrong with it, but for all we know you may have dropped it createing a small crack in the display that will only get worse over time, even though it may not be currently visible.
    So yes, as tragic as it may be for you, yes, a significant depreciation is realistic and expected. 3 days, 2 weeks, 30 days, no difference. You may want to start with knocking off about 40% then you may get some interest.
    05-28-2011 03:32 PM
    Agreed, this is NOT a straight line depreciation. Most of the value of buying something used as opposed to new is the price savings and the integrity of the person/place that you are buying it from. Since most people on this don't know you from a hole in the wall, expecting to get 95% of original value is rediculous. For all we know, you rang up an obscene bill with th vendor in those 3 days and we would then be unable to even activate the phone until the bill is paid. Additionally, you may say there's nothing wrong with it, but for all we know you may have dropped it createing a small crack in the display that will only get worse over time, even though it may not be currently visible.
    So yes, as tragic as it may be for you, yes, a significant depreciation is realistic and expected. 3 days, 2 weeks, 30 days, no difference. You may want to start with knocking off about 40% then you may get some interest.

100% AGREE!
    05-31-2011 08:41 AM
    I am just curious if he got 500 for it or not.
    06-01-2011 07:41 PM
    06-01-2011 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD