10-12-2012 09:26 AM
67 123
tools
    Hope you get your money back from this. No need for people like him on here.
    09-16-2012 03:25 PM
    No refund with "gift" or "payment owed", though.
    Pm me asap, yes you can.
    09-16-2012 04:32 PM
    I filed a claim aith paypal as unauthorized use so I'll find out in 10days

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums
    MichaelBane likes this.
    09-16-2012 04:49 PM
    I filed a claim aith paypal as unauthorized use so I'll find out in 10days

You'll get your money back.... I did.
    09-16-2012 04:59 PM
    I wonder if you can get an administrator to trace the ip address of the posts and maybe you can figure out how to contact him, and possibly file a class action suit

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    We do not get involved in Marketplace disputes.
    09-16-2012 05:38 PM
    Whatever you do, please make sure to file a complaint at www.ic3.gov. I am a police officer and we send victims of all internet fraud to there. Its the best chance at making him pay if all victims report it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    ScandaLeX, davidnc, Jonneh and 5 others like this.
    09-16-2012 05:47 PM
    I don't think you can go after him for interstate commerce fraud. I don't think that really exists
    CYB3RCRIM3: Fraud and Interstate Commerce
    09-16-2012 07:42 PM
    I would say that I can.

---------- Post Merged at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:10 PM ----------

I posted about him on the Virgin Mobile Optimus V Rooting forum, but my post has been deleted!
    09-16-2012 09:13 PM
    I also bought something from him and he said it would be here this week.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums
    09-16-2012 09:14 PM

Sorry, but it ain't gonna happen. I am getting the Feds involved.
    09-16-2012 09:34 PM

if you didn't get a tracking number then you just as screwed as us

09-16-2012 10:13 PM
    Let me know if you need me for anything with them

09-16-2012 10:14 PM
    What a worthless scumbag. We need to get this guy arrested and charged so he can never pull this crap again.
    davidnc and MERCDROID like this.
    09-16-2012 11:00 PM
    Pappy, I'm feeling your anger but you gotta know that your going to run into the same road blocks I did..... he's acting under total anonimity. None of the 4 names he used were legit, and the one that seemed legit was the Robert one and when I looked into that it turned out that person had been in jail since 2008; obviously meaning it wasn't really that guy. Then the police told me that because the amount stolen was under $500, it wasn't even a felony! That the FBI would be happy to take a complaint..... ultimately never doing anything about it. Just learn from this piece of crap , and what he did, and file the claim with PayPal to get your money back.
    09-16-2012 11:15 PM
    This may be a dumb question but if he's a member of this forum and 1 too many people have already been ripped off, why is he allowed to stay and keep stealing from members?

Mods may not get involved in forum disputes but I've been a member for a long time on many different forums and this here wasn't tolerated. I recall vividly the admins of some big forums banding together and collectively banning a thief who was robbing members like it was a full time job.

I'm sorry but with this kind of treachery admins (not mods) NEED to get involved.
    Sorry to all those that got duped. We expect selling and trading to be reputable yet some cant help but ruin it for others.

Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE
    09-16-2012 11:37 PM
    I looked at one of his posts and it is full of misinformation (description did not match photos). He probably joined for the sole purpose of scamming here on AC. He joined less than 2 mo. ago and made sure to post meaningless stuff to get some sort of established history. A lot of his posts were in the "MarketPlace" a redflag . Chances are he will do this again here under a different name. Beware of who you buy and look at their history here on AC. Buy from well established members with established history and longevity.
    09-17-2012 12:49 AM
    Hate to hear about people ripping people off like this.Like they say what comes around goes around so hopefully someone catches up to him and gives him a beat down as well as getting their money back .Sounds like he deserves it
    09-17-2012 05:15 AM
    We do not get involved in Marketplace disputes.
    I don't think AC's stance on this is right. When the issue is clearly fraud, AC SHOULD be willing to get involved. Horrible response by AC this time.
    09-17-2012 11:31 AM
    I don't think AC's stance on this is right. When the issue is clearly fraud, AC SHOULD be willing to get involved. Horrible response by AC this time.
    OTHERWISE ... you might as well shut down the entire market place before the Android Central brand is tainted by a reputation for fraud.
    09-17-2012 11:31 AM
    OTHERWISE ... you might as well shut down the entire market place before the Android Central brand is tainted by a reputation for fraud.
    agree with you completely, AC has no marketplace feedback system so it's clear they don't tend to get too involved... look at this forum and go to the marketplace and see how it's set up. Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

If AC doesn't want to get involved I believe they should just drop it all together, it's not a good look on their behalf. Professionalism doesn't look to good here.

On the forum I posted, users with lower feedback ship first, after you get your item you have to update the buyer/seller link and so forth, it's pretty effective... still a couple risk but it's better than nothing.
    metz65 and Bren S. like this.
    09-17-2012 11:57 AM
    I agree. Providing the means to deal, and then turning a blind eye when a large issue arises and leave it up to the members to handle it is lazy at best. Other sites do more for the members in the marketplace. I understand caveat emptor, but the firm stance that they don't get involved is pathetic.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    09-17-2012 11:59 AM
    Exactly. When it's something this serious and has happened this many times in don't see how they couldn't get involved..

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    metz65, ScandaLeX and Bren S. like this.
    09-17-2012 12:01 PM
    I looked at one of his posts and it is full of misinformation (description did not match photos). He probably joined for the sole purpose of scamming here on AC. He joined less than 2 mo. ago and made sure to post meaningless stuff to get some sort of established history. A lot of his posts were in the "MarketPlace" a redflag . Chances are he will do this again here under a different name. Beware of who you buy and look at their history here on AC. Buy from well established members with established history and longevity.
    The people who usually get taken advantage of like this are usually the ones who believe they just got a bargain. Ideally it's great there's even a marketplace to begin with and with that in mind, there's entirely too much trust with no buyer protection. As long as this guy can keep getting away with this here he's no different than a Craigslist con artist.

Many of us are aware of the red flags but we have to also keep in mind that others aren't as gifted in smelling BS!

I say this with the best intentions and not to incite a riot--When someone adds to the marketplace and it's too good to be true, chances are it is and it's up to knowledgable members to speak up and intervene if necessary. IF AC "doesn't get involved" then someone has to. You'd be surprised how fast a great site can get a bad rep because of stuff like this.
    09-17-2012 12:19 PM
    If I call someone stupid or belittle one of their comments I can be kicked off the site.

If I scam members and steal their money nobody wants to get involved.

I guess it's just easier to turn a blind eye than to get involved.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    09-17-2012 12:35 PM
    If I call someone stupid or belittle one of their comments I can be kicked off the site.

If I scam members and steal their money nobody wants to get involved.

I guess it's just easier to turn a blind eye than to get involved.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    Perfectly said...
    09-17-2012 01:21 PM
67 123