Like New 64GB Sandstone Black OnePlus One

Status
Not open for further replies.

kflanegan

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Item Description: Only used for 3 days like new OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone black. All original packaging and accessories.

Price: $395 gift or $405 goods

Condition: Like new, completely mint. No signs of wear anywhere. Only thing I'll mention is there is a very slight yellow tint at the bottom edge of the screen but using on screen buttons hides the visible difference. The tint appears to be disappearing as well. I find it far less noticeable today then when I first used the device. The main reason for selling is that I've decided to keep my White G3 as my primary device.

Includes: All Original boxes, Ribbon USB Cable, Wall Charger, and SIM eject tool/protective rubber sleeve.

Item Location: Calera, AL

Shipping Details: USPS Priority Mail Insured

Payment Options: PayPal Gift/Goods or Dwolla

Additional Info: Phone is completely stock unmodified

Photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/63k0dzvswkmoxya/AACAGPxhAeGUHpNyTqIcfXu5a

Contact Info - Please respond to this post or PM if you'd rather deal privately.

I'm a reputable seller on both Swappa and eBay but thought I'd post here to give an AC reader the chance to own my OnePlus One before listing elsewhere. Thanks!

http://swappa.com/user/KGU790/profi...n86?ref=mobilenations&data1=UUacUvbUpU3823552

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I think you're the only person selling this phone to admit their device has the yellow tint. Everyone on swappa claims their device is free of the tint but you can look at some of their pics and notice it, or they take far away/black wallpaper pics.

Posted via the Android Central App

kflanegan

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I think you're the only person selling this phone to admit their device has the yellow tint. Everyone on swappa claims their device is free of the tint but you can look at some of their pics and notice it, or they take far away/black wallpaper pics.

Thanks for noticing that. It seems the yellow tint is a product of the backlight and the display OnePlus decided to use on the phone. It's not as noticeable on my phone as others but I always try to be as honest as I can when listing a phone or tablet so there is no confusion on the buyers side. I contacted OnePlus concerning the slight variation and they responded with a scripted answer. Here's the response:

"Hi Kyle,

Rest assured that there is minimal variance between devices. Depending on the circumstances such as ambient light level, screen brightness level, and also camera angle, the warm effect might look different in different cases. This is why some can see it and others can not.

If you are not fully satisfied with your OnePlus One, we are happy for you to return the device within 14 days of delivery. Once we approve your request and receive the package, we will refund you through PayPal."

So while I could return the phone to OnePlus and pay for shipping back to them I thought I would give the community here a chance first. Since the variation is slight on my device it would certainly not bug some people and since the device is so highly sought after I thought I would try this route first. As I stated in my listing the tint appears to be dissipating so it may not be an issue after a week or two of use.

Anyone with reasonable offers will be considered! I'm mostly just looking to make the money back I spent on the device plus the shipping fee to the buyer. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

kflanegan

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Mods, I posted a response to the second commenter earlier today and the comment has not posted yet. Did I say something I shouldn't have there? Thanks

kflanegan

May 6, 2011
Visit site
To clarify what I posted earlier. I wanted to let anyone interested in the phone know that reasonable offers will be considered. I'm trying to sell the phone pay for shipping to the buyer and break even from what I paid OnePlus last week.

I appreciate the other commenter noticing that I clarified the slight tint in my listing. I want to be as honest and forthright as possible. The variation is slight on my device and with the on screen buttons enabled is almost totally invisible. I could return to OnePlus as I've already contacted them about the display variation but wanted to give the community a chance to purchase first. Thanks!

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I hope you didn't think I was being rude. I respect the fact that you told the truth about your device unlike most sellers over there. I've got one and it has slight yellow tint in the bottom as well. Most people that post sell ads over on swappa say it doesn't have any, but you can see it in the bottom left corner if they have a white screen. I hope you can get a sale.

kflanegan

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I hope you didn't think I was being rude. I respect the fact that you told the truth about your device unlike most sellers over there. I've got one and it has slight yellow tint in the bottom as well. Most people that post sell ads over on swappa say it doesn't have any, but you can see it in the bottom left corner if they have a white screen. I hope you can get a sale.

No I completely understand what you meant. I appreciate your response. If I don't get any interest tonight I'll have to return the OnePlus One directly. I'm waiting on them to respond to my ticket with RMA instructions and shipping address. Have a good one and thanks!

kflanegan

May 6, 2011
Visit site
As a final update I was successful in updating my OnePlus One tonight to the latest 4.4.4 build by downloading the zip from Android Police and moving the zip to my root folder while renaming it update.zip then flashing in stock recovery.

The screen has a cooler color temperature after the update and the slight tint has all but disappeared now even with the hardware buttons enabled. I'm willing to take $385 as a PayPal gift payment if anyone is interested that is following the thread.

I haven't heard back from OnePlus as of 1:30am so if I don't hear from them by lunch on Tuesday I'll either keep the device or list after my return from being out of town the rest of this week. I can ship priority mail 2 day if payment is received by 12pm Tuesday. Otherwise I'll have to take down my post after today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463