Picked up a unlocked Nexus One, no need for the Droid or Verizon any longer. The Droid is in perfect condition, not a scratch on it. Everything is included along with a spare battery charger. Heck, I'll even throw in a leather horizontal case.

Asking $400 plus UPS shipping.

Will post pictures this weekend.
    01-29-2010 11:56 AM
    Throwin' in the Sena case?

Now thats a deal
    01-30-2010 10:33 PM
    Abandoning the Droid....Traitor....I hope you know what your doing robots don't like to be betrayed.
    01-30-2010 10:57 PM
    I'm still in the Android family... I appreciate the concern from you guys though.
    01-30-2010 11:37 PM
    Id Like to know if you could possibly consider giving it away? I know this may sound crazy but I've never had a smartphone, right now my friend can add a line to his plan but I need a phone in order to do it, Ive played around with Android devices but don't have the money to get one. I know you probably won't but maybe you might? I know its a lot to ask and I'm sorry if this gets you mad but just thought id try.
    02-01-2010 11:38 PM
    That would be pretty SWEET to come up with a contest to give the Droid away. You would probably make some Android Centralite pee themselves outta sheer joy and wonder! Lol.
    By the way, how do you like that Nexus 1 after the Droid?
    02-02-2010 05:20 AM
    Id Like to know if you could possibly consider giving it away? I know this may sound crazy but I've never had a smartphone, right now my friend can add a line to his plan but I need a phone in order to do it, Ive played around with Android devices but don't have the money to get one. I know you probably won't but maybe you might? I know its a lot to ask and I'm sorry if this gets you mad but just thought id try.
    I'm a nice guy, but not that nice.

That would be pretty SWEET to come up with a contest to give the Droid away. You would probably make some Android Centralite pee themselves outta sheer joy and wonder! Lol.
    By the way, how do you like that Nexus 1 after the Droid?
    See above. eBay it is!
    02-02-2010 08:07 AM
    It's not like you're growing these things on trees. You work hard for your phones.
    02-02-2010 08:17 AM
    It's not like you're growing these things on trees. You work hard for your phones.
    He sure does. All I ever see on his GT status is "@ Work".
    kjharrison likes this.
    02-02-2010 12:01 PM
    I'm a nice guy, but not that nice.

See above. eBay it is!
    Off topic, but how do you know if you're getting scammed or not on eBay? I wanted to sell a few phones on eBay but was too scared to do so
    02-02-2010 12:08 PM
    Off topic, but how do you know if you're getting scammed or not on eBay? I wanted to sell a few phones on eBay but was too scared to do so
    Document the crap out of it.. I sold my LG Voyager on ebay. Some guy tried to rip me off saying it wasnt working. (phone had 32 minutes on it.. brand new)
    I had taken videos of it powering on, touchscreen working, dialing and talking.
    basically everything a person would do on a normal day..

He filed a complaint with ebay saying it didnt work at all, I presented my proof in the form of youtube videos. Ebay's safeharbor ruled in my favor.
    02-02-2010 03:46 PM
    He sure does. All I ever see on his GT status is "@ Work".
    If being on his PS3 is considered work.... I think mine has said Busy for almost 9 months now ha-ha.
    02-02-2010 05:50 PM
    If being on his PS3 is considered work.... I think mine has said Busy for almost 9 months now ha-ha.
    Ha!!! Only 1 month...
    02-02-2010 07:50 PM

ya got to take chances in life Ive bought from e-bay with no problems
    02-05-2010 10:19 AM
    Document the crap out of it.. I sold my LG Voyager on ebay. Some guy tried to rip me off saying it wasnt working. (phone had 32 minutes on it.. brand new)
    I had taken videos of it powering on, touchscreen working, dialing and talking.
    basically everything a person would do on a normal day..

He filed a complaint with ebay saying it didnt work at all, I presented my proof in the form of youtube videos. Ebay's safeharbor ruled in my favor.
    Yeah, what he said, but on top of that there are lots of tools that ebay offers that can help you assess a buyer or seller. I've never sold anything on ebay, but I've bought a lot.

From a buyer's perspective, I only deal with sellers that have a 99+% user rating. I only use Paypal and I generally don't like to deal with a seller that only has less than 10 user ratings. I also prefer a shipping method that can be tracked, unless the item is under $10. I figure I can lose $10 without being really upset. Priority mail is good for shipping and I've seen tons of sellers now using that because the cost is dependent only on which box you can fit your object into...therefore, it's a fixed price not one based on weight and destination.

From a seller's perspective, like the dude above says, document your object. Also, I've seen sellers who won't deal with any buyers who don't have more than a certain number of purchases under their belt. I don't know if there is a specific tool for this when you list your item, but I'd assume so. Also many of them will only use Paypal, as well. And once again, use a shipping method that will track the item so nobody can claim they did not receive it. And, lastly, you can stipulate no refunds whatsoever or whatever you deem reasonable, and also offer them an additional fee to insure the package in case of damage. This puts the onus on them if something happens to the item during shipment and they didn't opt for the insurance.

As long as you state all your terms in your listing, no matter how tight they might be, you've got a leg to stand on should you get a dodgy buyer.
    02-06-2010 08:14 PM
    It you wanna buy a phone on ebay, ask the seller for the phones serial number. Take that number to verizon and tell them you are looking to buy this phone from ebay and they will run the serial number for you. If that serial number goes back to a phone that was reported stolen then there is nothing you can do and you just bought an expensive paper weight. If the serial number comes back clean then its good, and you'll have a new cell phone. Since VZW doesn't have sim cards (as I sure you already knew) they depend on those serial numbers.

Hope it helps~
    02-07-2010 02:15 AM
    OK, closing this thread as nobody is biting on the Droid. Getting posted on eBay this afternoon.
    02-07-2010 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD