Not open for further replies.

bo_woods

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Item: Nexus 6 Midnight Blue

Carrier Status:Factory Unlocked Model

Shipping: USPS priority mail 2 day

Price: $225 OBO

Other: The device comes with a nice looking new silver case that protects the phone nicely. Despite the device looking completely Mint, listing it as Near Mint in case any micro marks or scratches occur from now and in between sale. Also the nav keys have left some slight burn in on the display. Noticed this when setting up the phone due to the bar having a different layout & being transparent. So since the nav bar everywhere else is black you won't notice it. It's a very subtle thing to begin with anyway. Also appears to be a very small dist speck in under he camera lens. Not noticeable unless you take pictures of plain white backgrounds and it should be an easy fix but I'm not going to do that.

Other than that the phone is awesome and looks great. Any questions? PM me. Any Offers? PM me.

bo_woods

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the rubbish photos. Taken on a lumia 640, which doesn't sport the same amazing top notch cameras the 930,1520, & 950 XL have :)

Attachments

• 1453417135290.jpg
    1453417135290.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 1453417145116.jpg
    1453417145116.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 1453417154495.jpg
    1453417154495.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 1453417163215.jpg
    1453417163215.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 1453417172185.jpg
    1453417172185.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 1453417180605.jpg
    1453417180605.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 1453417188835.jpg
    1453417188835.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 82

bo_woods

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Really loving this phone but I would also love to try some other great phones too.
Best device I've ever owned so far. The display is just so beautiful.
Will definitely come back to this one after trying some others.

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Definitely great price, just don't have the cash right now.. :( best of luck on selling, maybe I'll find the cash if it's meant to be :)

Posted via the Android Central App

bo_woods

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Just found out the device is till under Motorola warranty. I'm probably gonna just get this repaired and keep it.

It's kinda sucks that Motorola charges a $25 fee for the advance exchange. The hold they place is enough of a security measure. A warranty replacement should be free.

MS didn't charge me a fee to advance exchange my SP3...

bo_woods

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Before I behave to hastily and request this to be closed down...

Is anyone interested in this?

I might be willing to sell it to for lower than you think at a very good price.

This device is in pretty much perfect condition. Not to mention it is still under Motorola's warranty. I'm not sure how much longer this will last but if someone else is willing to take the time to send this in to them for repair or do an advance exchange (you receive the replacement device first & then send in the screen burned one later) then you'll be getting a completely brand new and UNLOCKED Nexus 6 for a very low price.

bo_woods

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Motorola warranty covers burn in and transfers over to non original owner?

After some Google searching I believe the burn in is covered. It's not liquid or physical damage. Not to mention if it isn't the camera dust speck will.

You won't need to be the original owner. I'm not, as I just bought this online not too long ago. I just yesterday initiated a service repair but would rather just sell this then wait for this to arrive to Motorola and then for my replacement to come. I have no backup phone. There is also an advance exchange option where they send you the replacement first and simply put a hold on your card until you send them this one back.

I plan on calling Motorola tomorrow and cancelling the RMA exchange order.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Motorola can also cover the warranty by the serial number. You dont have to be original owner. Also, you dont have to do advance exchange. You ship first and get it replaced for $0.

bo_woods

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't risk it.

I don't quite see there being any risk with this

You don't need to be the original owner and the dust on the camera would be covered by warranty. These things can be assured by a simple Google search.

Motorola only says that "physical and liquid damage aren't covered"

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't quite see there being any risk with this

You don't need to be the original owner and the dust on the camera would be covered by warranty. These things can be assured by a simple Google search.

Motorola only says that "physical and liquid damage aren't covered"
What if Motorola discovers something that you cannot find wrong with the phone right now and deduct the money for a replacement device? If you truly want to be helpful swap the current device and sell the replacement device here. My 2c.

bo_woods

May 29, 2015
Visit site
What if Motorola discovers something that you cannot find wrong with the phone right now and deduct the money for a replacement device? If you truly want to be helpful swap the current device and sell the replacement device here. My 2c.

That's true. Although I spoke on the phone with Motorola and they don't just immediately deduct the cost. They will contact you and give you options.

I was planning on doing that and then listing here, but I just cant to go a week+ without a device.

So essentially anyone interested should just offer me this at a price they'd be comfortable with even if the device doesn't get replaced.

bo_woods

May 29, 2015
Visit site
What's the absolute lowest you'd go..? Probably can't do it but just in case :)

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm not sure how low I'm willing to go just yet, but Im not necessarily expecting to get what I have listed as my starting price.

Just PM me your offer

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd be willing to offer $30. I'm not clear on why exactly its going in for warranty repair but since all the risk falls on the buyer, it should be assumed that the worst case scenario is expected. Here's my math:

Device new is $300.
Device is opened -20%
Device is assumed damaged -40%
Buyer would be at least the third owner - 20%
There are almost certainly going to be extra shipping costs with Motorola -10%

100% - 40% - 20% - 20% - 10% = 10%

$300 × 10% = $30

bo_woods

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I'd be willing to offer $30. I'm not clear on why exactly its going in for warranty repair but since all the risk falls on the buyer, it should be assumed that the worst case scenario is expected. Here's my math:

Device new is $300.
Device is opened -20%
Device is assumed damaged -40%
Buyer would be at least the third owner - 20%
There are almost certainly going to be extra shipping costs with Motorola -10%

100% - 40% - 20% - 20% - 10% = 10%

$300 × 10% = $30

Firstly, how many owners there have been is not a condition that should cause the device to have less value. The device being used+whatever condition it is in are what should dictate the value. Me being the third owner does not matter. It's used and that along is worth deducting some from what it would cost brand new. Its IMHO silly to deduct some for how many people have owned the device.

Secondly, it also seems a bit silly for me to deduct what Motorola may or may not charge for shipping when the buyer may not even be interested in sending the device to Motorola. Not to mention the fact they don't charge for that anyway. They send you a FedEx label free of charge to send it to them. So, so far with all due respect those two last deductions amounting to 30% are pretty much irrelevant.

Lastly the damage and used deduction you made total 60% percent to subtract from the $300. That means that a used and damaged Nexus 6 according to your math is worth $120. That is generally lower than what cracked Nexus 6 devices go for on eBay. I have no idea how you determined these percentages. Dead and cracked nexus 6's tend to go for around $100, cracked working ones tend to go for $150 and used working ones in fair to good condition tend to go for around $230.

This device is in near mint condition, includes a case, and its two issues are severely minor in contrast to the devices that correspond with the price range you have suggested. Not to mention the buyer has the liberty to send this in to Motorola and for $0-$25 make this device brand new. A speck of camera dust and navigation buttons leaving very faint impressions over a blank white background (which will rarely ever be encountered) are not IMO worth deducting 40%.

bo_woods

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Was that a serious calculation or an attempt to belittle my hopes of receiving a fair price for this so I could sell it for a rock bottom price way below the devices value? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084