Question about Trading

Ginbill

Oct 30, 2009
ohhjohn.tumblr.com
I am considering trading my Hero for a moment or bb tour but I was wondering how do you know if you can trust someone. I mean.. I would love to trust anyone willing do the trade with me but like if you're doing this exchange online is there any way to guarantee that both parties will receive what they are promised.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I am considering trading my Hero for a moment or bb tour but I was wondering how do you know if you can trust someone. I mean.. I would love to trust anyone willing do the trade with me but like if you're doing this exchange online is there any way to guarantee that both parties will receive what they are promised.

If anything, in person at a public location like a panera would be best. You can test out all of the devices functions there like wifi and whatnot. If I were you, I'd also bring a friend with some muscles... never know.

Ginbill

Oct 30, 2009
ohhjohn.tumblr.com
Ha, yeah. Maybe I should just stick it on ebay or something. I live in a pretty small town so I don't think I'd find anyone locally wanting to buy it.

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Ha, yeah. Maybe I should just stick it on ebay or something. I live in a pretty small town so I don't think I'd find anyone locally wanting to buy it.

Try it, you might find someone close enough. As far as phones go, I have only sold in person (at a public place). I like to think that most people have good intentions, but that is not always the case.

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Make sure to do it at a store. Have them check the ESN in front of you to verify the phone tied to the account is in good standing or at the very least ask them for the ESN to run it by a Sprint CSR.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Trades are a hard thing to accomplish over the web, as you never know who is on the other end. I have taken the risk a few times and done it, luckily mine turned out for the best but I take some time and exchange some emails and all.

The most recent one I did we both just ended up paying eachother the same amount through paypal for eachothers phones, then we were backed thru paypal if anything happened. Both shipped the next day, entered tracking information and it went smooth as can be.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
The most recent one I did we both just ended up paying eachother the same amount through paypal for eachothers phones, then we were backed thru paypal if anything happened. Both shipped the next day, entered tracking information and it went smooth as can be.

This is actually a really good idea... thank you :)

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
If you have insurance, state that up front, because the implication is that if you get a bogus phone you just report your phone as stolen. The insurance will report the ESN, and now the would-be-ripoff artist now has a useless phone. Granted you gotta pay your insurance for it and all....but the guy who's prospecting your phone is a lot less likely to screw you if he's aware that he can end up with nothing as a result of dealing with you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49