Thread title: WTS—ASUS Chromebook Flip, 4GB. 16GB capacity (expandable by microSD).

Price: $200

Condition: Used for between four to six weeks, max. Therefore, it's in fantastic condition. However, there are a few caveats with this sale. See Item Description & photos for details.

Item Location: Northwest Arkansas, purchased in previous residence in Atlanta.

Shipping Details: UPS with tracking & ins. Will ship either same-day of payment if there's time, or next-day. Will also communicate as soon as it's shipped and include the tracking number.

Payment Options: PayPal Gift/Friends & Family — If you prefer the Paypal goods for business, please add $10 to cover the extra fees.

Item Description: My Flip is best purchased for a user who wishes to use the touch/tablet/convertible aspect of the device more often than the laptop aspect. The issue with this unit is an odd physical keyboard that has certain keys not inputting anything into text fields. Usually, power cycling would make the keys magically work again. Sometimes, I'd power cycle and then have to wait 5 minutes until able to fully enter my password at the login screen due to it requiring some of the faulty keys, or else opt for the virtual keyboard. I missed the return window because, back then, the Play Store was only available on the Dev channel, so I assumed this was a software bug occurring within the Dev channel. (Yes, I realize how foolish I was not to test this. Won't be making this mistake again). However, I later realized that the issue persisted even after powerwashing the device and using the Stable channel. Disappointed with both this and the fact that I found it to be a tad too small for me, I stopped use after 4-6 weeks and opted for an Acer Chromebook R11, so now I have a Flip I don't want. Before you ask, NO nothing was spilled on this device; I work at a local repair shop called uBreakiFix, and I'm well-aware what even the slightest liquid damage will do to electronics. One common issue would be a keyboard no longer working. This device shipped this way to me, unfortunately. I originally thought I'd just replace the keyboard, but I don't want to bother with it anymore since I'm so satisfied with my R11 these days.

Every single other aspect of the device works as intended. Touch screen, virtual keyboard, trackpad, all ports are in great condition and fully functional. It's a super lightweight and portable device with both ChromeOS and Android app access.

Photos: Please let me know if you'd like to see another photo.

Contact Info - Please PM or post below.
    09-27-2016 07:26 PM
    Further Info: The photo with the red circle is pointing out the three small, minor scratches on the palmrest (right side of the trackpad). Anything else you might see with such a large photo is just dust/lint/etc.
    09-27-2016 07:58 PM
    Good luck with your sale.
    10-02-2016 09:35 AM
    Thanks Golfdriver!

Price drop: $169 shipped. (paypal gift/friends)

Ready to ship at any moment. Feel free to ask any questions.
    10-05-2016 11:09 AM
    I believe it's against the rules to post links to outside sources here, so I decided against it, but I'll go ahead and tell anyone interested:

eBay currently has a good quality replacement palmrest for $49.
    YouTube "AGI Repairs Chromebook Flip Palmrest" for the insanely simple repair that takes about fifteen or twenty minutes.

I have specific links I can PM.
    If no one is interested, I guess I can go ahead & repair it myself (I've worked at uBreakiFix), but I just don't have any need for this thing anymore since my Acer R11 has completely taken over. I admit, though, using it on the couch last night to test it, it is SO much lighter and more comfortable than my R11. Its advantages definitely lie in that department.
    10-05-2016 11:35 AM
    Mods, please close this thread for me. Thank you!
    04-10-2017 03:01 PM