03-08-2018 04:48 PM
123 1234 ...
tools
    Just got the Twitter Widget... gotta say I like it...
    kayphoonstar likes this.
    08-07-2010 02:11 AM
    SwitchPro - very customizable with up to 7 buttons on one row - you can even drop the background so all you see are the icons. I have GPS, Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth, Airplane Mode, Battery Indicator and Flashlight all one one row.

Launch-X - a quick launcher that works well for adding direct call for contacts, most used apps and bookmarks. You can cycle through 2 screens with the free version. The pro version allows 7 screens.

Agenda Widget

Mixzing

Weather Channel
    08-20-2010 10:33 AM
    From top of hom screen to bottom:

Power Control
    Retro Clock/ Retro Date
    SetCPU/ Weatherbug Small/ Color Note

Yeah yeah yeah, I know that's six... but Retro Clock and Retro Date go together.
    08-20-2010 11:43 AM
    Beautiful Widgets
    Power Control Plus
    Couple Launcher Pro Widgets
    Battery Left
    08-20-2010 02:31 PM
    Beautiful Widgets
    Pure Music
    Pure Calendar
    Pure Agenda
    Extended Controls
    10-21-2010 03:49 PM
    1. Pandora
    2. Launcher Pro+ Widgets (mainly People, Calendar and Facebook)
    3. WidgetLocker
    4. Beautiful Widgets (esp their new 4x1.. so in love)
    5. SwitchPro (which should probably be #1 or #2)
    10-21-2010 04:05 PM
    Dazzle Configurable Switcher
    I am currently using it only for a 1x1 brightness/ auto popup, which gives all the possible brightness options from a 1x1 space with good easy of use. Another advantage is being able to put as many buttons in a widget if you want. You can have 2 buttons in a 2x1 space, but also 3 or 4 buttons if you don't mind a smaller size. All those "1 huge 1x1 widget for each button or option" apps are really nothing for me.

Launcher Pro Plus
    I use the Bookmarks, Contacts widgets and the Calendar (not much of a social web person). The widgets (you have to pay) are very nice as well. Layout is not fully to my taste, because they do not always seem very space-efficient for my homescreens, but their functionality is great . Good payment and update options for those who can't buy it using the Android Market.

Launcher Pro
    Again? Yes. No. The widgets in the paid Plus are nice, but the 'scrollable widgets' feature in Launcher Pro is what is seriously improving the functionality of homescreen widgets. Much information available, from the same amount of space .

Android Agenda Widget
    I have tried a whole list of agenda/calendar widgets, but liked these the most (together with Launcher Pro's widget). It's pretty space-efficient, showing me a lot of events in a limited space, while it's still easy to read everything at a glance. It looks nice and it's scrollable.

Okay, that's not 5, unless you count the Launcher Pro Plus widgets as single ones :P. But these are all I use, I don't like having tons of widgets all over the place. If I don't know by heart where all the widgets are and what they do, I know I won't really use them.
    10-21-2010 04:06 PM
    1. Beautiful Widgets (clock and weather)
    2. Pure Calendar
    3. Switchpro
    4. Feedr (RSS widget is amazing)
    5. Tweetdeck

Honorable mentions:
    1. Tapatalk widgets are awesome.
    2. Deluxe Moon is really cool.
    3. FrameMe photo widgets are great - Nice clean pics with custom frames even at 1x1, then tap screen and they enlarge to hi-rez.
    10-21-2010 04:08 PM
    aTAKEphONE
    Alternative dialer. Another app that improves a much-used and much-seen part of your phone. It has a favorites screen with contact pics, a normal numbers pad that has much better search options that Android's default, decent call logs. My favorite feature: your system's (homescreen) wallpaper as a background behind the app's transparant interface. Looks real good! BUT, these guys should get a free (ad-supported, or limited features) version out there, because if more people would be able to try it without paying or pirating, it would be much more popular. (So they get more money and can spend that on improving it more :P.)
    Agreed with Launcher Pro Plus and Appbrain (is that a widget?). I like this phone dialer, it's pretty, but yeah, I'd like to try a free version. No way I need to buy it. :/
    10-21-2010 04:09 PM
    Agreed with Launcher Pro Plus and Appbrain (is that a widget?). I like this phone dialer, it's pretty, but yeah, I'd like to try a free version. No way I need to buy it. :/
    Hehe, re-check my post. I was confusing myself, I was reading this topic at the same time as the '5 favorite apps' topic, so while writing my post I started to mix it up...
    10-21-2010 04:21 PM
    1. Beautiful Widgets (clock and weather)
    2. Pure Calendar
    3. Switchpro
    4. Feedr (RSS widget is amazing)
    5. Tweetdeck

Honorable mentions:
    1. Tapatalk widgets are awesome.
    2. Deluxe Moon is really cool.
    3. FrameMe photo widgets are great - Nice clean pics with custom frames even at 1x1, then tap screen and they enlarge to hi-rez.
    I like FrameMe based on the screenshots in Appbrain. Not sure I can justify buying it. The stock photo frame widget works fine for me for now.

Hehe, re-check my post. I was confusing myself, I was reading this topic at the same time as the '5 favorite apps' topic, so while writing my post I started to mix it up...
    Haha, no worries. I am dumb and haven't figured out what "scrollable widgets" means in Launcher Pro. Care to enlighten?
    10-21-2010 11:47 PM
    ok now i have found a decent set of switches for wifi b/t silence and brightness settings. curve fish has a decent set and they are free with the option to donate. i definitely think these are more appealing then alot of the other alternatives out there. im still on the look for better but these will do good for the time being. i wish they had a vibrate switch as well but they don't.
    Quick Settings

Includes volume controls for just about everything....also flashlite.

wkj
    10-22-2010 09:35 AM
    - aCurrency
    - Palmary Weather Pro
    - 3G WatchDog
    - Winamp
    - APN On/Off
    - Friends widget from Launcher Pro
    10-22-2010 09:46 AM
    Smooth Calendar
    Folder Organizer widgets
    HTC Calendar widget
    HTC Email widget
    HTC Bookmarks widget
    10-22-2010 06:29 PM
    If you are reffering to aTAKEphONE - you can get a full featured 30 days trial at ShSh Software

Thanks
    10-25-2010 07:36 PM
    -Beautiful widgets home
    -Tweetdeck
    -Buienalarm (Dutch wheather widget which shows a graph when and how much rain is expected)
    -Android Agenda Widget
    -Battery Snap
    10-26-2010 10:49 AM
    I like FrameMe based on the screenshots in Appbrain. Not sure I can justify buying it. The stock photo frame widget works fine for me for now.

Haha, no worries. I am dumb and haven't figured out what "scrollable widgets" means in Launcher Pro. Care to enlighten?
    Sure. Imagine you have a calendar widget on your screen that is displaying 10 text lines of calendar information. But in total, there are of course many more lines of information in your calendar. With scrollable widgets (enabled in Launcher Pro and supported/enabled by the widget) you can swipe up/down with your finger, and it will scroll up or down, so you can move down in the list and see your other information.

If you do not have the Launcher Pro Plus widgets, you can check out Agenda Widget for an example of a widget that really benefits from this feature. (Don't forget to enable it in the Android Widget settings.)

-Beautiful widgets home
    -Tweetdeck
    -Buienalarm (Dutch wheather widget which shows a graph when and how much rain is expected)
    -Android Agenda Widget
    -Battery Snap
    Very nice! Thanks, I have installed it now .
    10-26-2010 06:31 PM
    1. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Mobile (on off buttons)
    2. Weather
    3. Twitter
    4. Music
    5. Calendar

As a new user, i haven't gotten to go deep into the widgets, but these are the ones i have used the most so far.
    10-26-2010 09:04 PM
    I don't have any icons on my screens at all - I'm a big fan of widgets. I use Beautiful Widgets Home Weather and Beautiful Weather 4x1, Pure Calendar widget (agenda), Pure Grid Calendar, and Switch Pro.
    djsmom likes this.
    11-03-2010 07:46 PM
    1. Beautiful Widgets Home
    2. Pure Calendar Widget
    3. Power Control Plus (lost some of its use when CM6 added notification bar widgets)
    4. Android Central Widget
    5. 3G Watchdog-great for AT&T users

Honorable Mention- Urban Dictionary-good for some entertainment when you don't have time to open up a game or a full app.
    11-10-2010 07:41 PM
    - HTC Clock/Weather
    - HTC Calendar
    - Battery Widget - geekyouup
    - Silent Toggle Widget - Droidmania
    - ColorNote Notepad Notes - Notes

I'm sure this will change over time, like they all do with a Smartphone.
    11-13-2010 03:27 PM
    1. Quick Battery - Nice that it will start Quick Settings or any other app.
    2. Auto Rotate Widget - Sometimes I just want to stay in portrait mode.
    3. System Info Widget - Toggles and status, best of both.
    4. Business Calendar Day - Keeps me on schedule.
    5. Palmary Weather - Clean and functional
    11-14-2010 09:29 PM
    1- Launcher Pro Plus
    2- Widget Locker
    3- Beautiful Widgets
    4- Desktop visualizer

...those 4 alone basically give you full ability to customize your entire UI/UX on any android phone.

If I had to throw in a 5th it'd probably be Phone Silencer. Its a prettyimited purpose app but really helpful to me because I always forget to turn on my ringer at the end of my work day.
    11-14-2010 10:07 PM
    1- Launcher Pro Plus
    A widget?
    11-15-2010 07:59 PM
    Hi all - some news:

1. Released 1.34 at the market. Many new features.

2. Also released the long awaited widget - will bring i-Bar (dial by photo) and "last call" to your main screen.

Note: you have to have the latest version of aTAKEphONE (1.34) from the market to use this widget.

Any remarks/suggestions will be most welcome.

Thanks.
    packerbacker likes this.
    11-17-2010 04:25 PM
123 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD