braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
CalWidget 4x3
GTasks Large
Retro Clock/Retro Date
Weather Bug Elite w/ no background
Power Control
LauncherPro Bookmarks (especially now we can resize it, have it @ 4x3)

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I do not understand the Google Search widget when the Quick Search is locked to the find button, or is there something I'm missing? I have a Captivate, is this different on other phones?

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
What is really cool is the resize feature in LauncherPro, you can make many of the widgets like Picture Frame large :0 to quickly show off a new baby etc, the WeatherBug Elite map can be larger, Some like Dazzle and Power Control can be made smaller to save some space, many possibilities. It doesn't work with everything but it is cool :)

Last edited:

RConcheiro#AC

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Favorite Widgets (top 5)

In no order at all...

Pandora
Music Player
Google Calendar
Beautiful Home
Google Search

Those are what I use the most.

I also have the Power Control, Goal Mobile (Spain), Advanced Task Manager (set for auto kill every 30 mins), and Tapatalk to Android Central.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
SwitchPro - very customizable with up to 7 buttons on one row - you can even drop the background so all you see are the icons. I have GPS, Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth, Airplane Mode, Battery Indicator and Flashlight all one one row.

Launch-X - a quick launcher that works well for adding direct call for contacts, most used apps and bookmarks. You can cycle through 2 screens with the free version. The pro version allows 7 screens.

Agenda Widget

Mixzing

Weather Channel

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
From top of hom screen to bottom:

Power Control
Retro Clock/ Retro Date
SetCPU/ Weatherbug Small/ Color Note

Yeah yeah yeah, I know that's six... but Retro Clock and Retro Date go together.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
1. Pandora
2. Launcher Pro+ Widgets (mainly People, Calendar and Facebook)
3. WidgetLocker
4. Beautiful Widgets (esp their new 4x1.. so in love)
5. SwitchPro (which should probably be #1 or #2)

Last edited:

jjwa

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Dazzle Configurable Switcher
I am currently using it only for a 1x1 brightness/ auto popup, which gives all the possible brightness options from a 1x1 space with good easy of use. Another advantage is being able to put as many buttons in a widget if you want. You can have 2 buttons in a 2x1 space, but also 3 or 4 buttons if you don't mind a smaller size. All those "1 huge 1x1 widget for each button or option" apps are really nothing for me.

Launcher Pro Plus
I use the Bookmarks, Contacts widgets and the Calendar (not much of a social web person). The widgets (you have to pay) are very nice as well. Layout is not fully to my taste, because they do not always seem very space-efficient for my homescreens, but their functionality is great :). Good payment and update options for those who can't buy it using the Android Market.

Launcher Pro
Again? Yes. No. The widgets in the paid Plus are nice, but the 'scrollable widgets' feature in Launcher Pro is what is seriously improving the functionality of homescreen widgets. Much information available, from the same amount of space :).

Android Agenda Widget
I have tried a whole list of agenda/calendar widgets, but liked these the most (together with Launcher Pro's widget). It's pretty space-efficient, showing me a lot of events in a limited space, while it's still easy to read everything at a glance. It looks nice and it's scrollable.

Okay, that's not 5, unless you count the Launcher Pro Plus widgets as single ones :p. But these are all I use, I don't like having tons of widgets all over the place. If I don't know by heart where all the widgets are and what they do, I know I won't really use them.

Last edited:

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
1. Beautiful Widgets (clock and weather)
2. Pure Calendar
3. Switchpro
4. Feedr (RSS widget is amazing)
5. Tweetdeck

Honorable mentions:
1. Tapatalk widgets are awesome.
2. Deluxe Moon is really cool.
3. FrameMe photo widgets are great - Nice clean pics with custom frames even at 1x1, then tap screen and they enlarge to hi-rez.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
aTAKEphONE
Alternative dialer. Another app that improves a much-used and much-seen part of your phone. It has a favorites screen with contact pics, a normal numbers pad that has much better search options that Android's default, decent call logs. My favorite feature: your system's (homescreen) wallpaper as a background behind the app's transparant interface. Looks real good! :) BUT, these guys should get a free (ad-supported, or limited features) version out there, because if more people would be able to try it without paying or pirating, it would be much more popular. (So they get more money and can spend that on improving it more :p.)

Agreed with Launcher Pro Plus and Appbrain (is that a widget?). I like this phone dialer, it's pretty, but yeah, I'd like to try a free version. No way I need to buy it. :/

jjwa

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Agreed with Launcher Pro Plus and Appbrain (is that a widget?). I like this phone dialer, it's pretty, but yeah, I'd like to try a free version. No way I need to buy it. :/
Hehe, re-check my post. I was confusing myself, I was reading this topic at the same time as the '5 favorite apps' topic, so while writing my post I started to mix it up...

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
1. Beautiful Widgets (clock and weather)
2. Pure Calendar
3. Switchpro
4. Feedr (RSS widget is amazing)
5. Tweetdeck

Honorable mentions:
1. Tapatalk widgets are awesome.
2. Deluxe Moon is really cool.
3. FrameMe photo widgets are great - Nice clean pics with custom frames even at 1x1, then tap screen and they enlarge to hi-rez.
I like FrameMe based on the screenshots in Appbrain. Not sure I can justify buying it. The stock photo frame widget works fine for me for now.

Hehe, re-check my post. I was confusing myself, I was reading this topic at the same time as the '5 favorite apps' topic, so while writing my post I started to mix it up...
Haha, no worries. I am dumb and haven't figured out what "scrollable widgets" means in Launcher Pro. Care to enlighten?

wkj

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
ok now i have found a decent set of switches for wifi b/t silence and brightness settings. curve fish has a decent set and they are free with the option to donate. i definitely think these are more appealing then alot of the other alternatives out there. im still on the look for better but these will do good for the time being. i wish they had a vibrate switch as well but they don't.

Quick Settings

Includes volume controls for just about everything....also flashlite.

wkj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton