View Poll Results: What browser is best?

Voters
603. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stock

222 36.82%
  • xScope

29 4.81%
  • Dolphin HD

251 41.63%
  • Skyfire

26 4.31%
  • Opera Mini

39 6.47%
  • Opera Mobile

31 5.14%
  • Firefox

34 5.64%
  • Combo

16 2.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
08-21-2018 03:18 PM
177 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I use stock for everyday browsing unless I need the full site, then I go with skyfire, but since their last update that added all the social networking crap, I'm thinking about switching to something else

Sent using Tapatalk Pro on my Evo
    12-30-2010 03:17 PM
    I stay stock with my EVO right now.. the better web browser in my opinion is "Stock" some might disagree -

Ps. I've tried almost all of them -
    Same here. I keep coming back to stock because it integrates with everything. Tried all dolphins, xscope, opera, skyfire, fireflx and miren. If I go nonstock then it would be miren.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    01-11-2011 09:20 PM
    This is Google's OS right? So why no Chrome? I love Chrome on my PC.
    03-30-2011 09:41 AM
    Opera mini.

I'm partial, though... I've been using Opera on my PCs ever since ver. 8 came out. MowDownJoe's comment about Skyfire enabling him to play video has my curiosity piqued, though, so I will be digging into that... I have some multimedia concerns. (Files that are not supported, like FLAC, amongst others...)
    04-03-2011 04:45 AM
    Firefox's awesome screen is unbeatable, especially if u use firefox as ur desktop browser. Save as pdf, personas, speed are also great. It needs flas and web text copy paste!

Opera mobile is best independent browser all around. But how to make it full screen?

Dolphin ui looks very ugly, and its not faster, definitely not as good as opera imho.
    04-03-2011 07:49 PM
    I use Miren for everything but videos (Skyfire) and when I need to use all the features from the full facebook site like sharing links my friends posted, or using those download sites like filesonic or megaupload I find myself having to use Opera although for normal browsing I find Opera slow compared to miren, stock, skyfire... Boat browser is another good lightweight, only reason I uninstalled it is that it's too similar to my fav, Miren.

Sent from my Motorola Milestone 2 using Tapatalk
    04-09-2011 10:37 PM
    I tried Dolphin HD, Skyfire, Miren and Opera all the reviews in the market says that it is fast and convenient to use specially the Dolphin, even the reviews I've seen in the net say so...but for some reasons this browsers takes so long in loading the page, for this reason I always back to the STOCK which never failed me.
    04-12-2011 11:13 AM
    Stock for me!
    04-13-2011 12:04 PM
    Skyfire 4 me, works good like stock but with greater features. I use Firefox a little too, hopefully it keeps getting better.
    04-14-2011 02:12 AM
    Although I voted for "Firefox" a while ago (I liked it when I first tried it, but it didn't last long) - I will post what I REALLY feel about my favorite browser (as of now)

Stock: On my HTC Thunderbolt, this was my browser of choice - until I discovered xScope
    Skyfire: I really enjoyed this browser, and the speed of it, but it just didn't really "work" for me (UI wise).
    FireFox: I REALLY want to like this browser - since I use Firefox on my desktop, and LOVE the integration of the two, but it is just WAY too slow and buggy to be made a default mobile browser.
    Miren: Takes a while to open (unlike the stock browser), but other than that - I find it to be relatively responsive and fast. I really enjoy the layout and UI, and I have to say that this is fighting for the spot of my default browser.
    Opera Mobile Web: I REALLY liked this browser, but it was BUGGY (for me, at least). Every once in a while, I would open it - and it would be on some random website and not let me navigate. I would clear the cache\cookies\etc. and it would work, but I didn't like having to do that every few hours.
    Dolphin: My first browser (after the stock one), and I liked it - until I realized what else was out there. The add-ons are nice, but the important ones come built-in to the other browsers. I also found this UI to be very "clunky" and ugly.
    xScope Browser Pro: This has become my default. This browser is AMAZING! The interface is VERY sleek and clean, yet VERY functional. It is FAST (reportedly THE fastest browser on ANY mobile platform), and looks VERY nice.

How would I rank the browsers that I have tried?
    1) xScope Browser Pro
    2) Miren
    3) Stock
    4) Skyfire
    5) FireFox
    6) Opera Mobile Web
    7) Dolphin
    04-14-2011 11:52 AM
    Well, I was using Stock 'til I saw this thread - now I'm using Opera Mini. We'll see how it goes...
    04-18-2011 06:13 PM
    I prefer stock over here.
    04-19-2011 10:15 AM
    Wow I tried xscope and I love it, I do think its better than Miren and Skyfire... I even bought the paid versiob on amazon apps for 99 cents instead of 6 dollars on andrioid market... xscope has my vote!

Sent from my rooted LG Optimus S running CyanogenMod 7
    04-20-2011 08:57 AM
    Stock works great for me.
    04-30-2011 08:07 PM
    Stock is good but at the moment I'm running skyfire
    05-07-2011 08:18 AM
    I usually stick with the stock browser and I have Skyfire installed at the moment, but I love Firefox mobile, especially because of Firefox Sync. I have all my bookmarks from my desktop version of Firefox synced to my mobile version of Firefox, so a month or so ago when I bought my new computer I was able to sync all my bookmarks back to my desktop version of Firefox.
    05-08-2011 09:14 PM
    Sorry if this question comes across as someone who doesn't even HAVE an Android phone -- I don't!, but I am picking up the Samsung Infuse on Sunday. Anyway, what I am wondering is if the stock Android browser can be set up to sync with my desktop Chrome browsers. I sync bookmarks between my work and home computer using the built-in sync function and would like to extend that to my Android device.
    05-11-2011 02:30 PM
    Sorry if this question comes across as someone who doesn't even HAVE an Android phone -- I don't!, but I am picking up the Samsung Infuse on Sunday. Anyway, what I am wondering is if the stock Android browser can be set up to sync with my desktop Chrome browsers. I sync bookmarks between my work and home computer using the built-in sync function and would like to extend that to my Android device.
    the dolphin browser lets you sync your chrome bookmarks
    reefrunway likes this.
    05-17-2011 01:25 PM
    I like boat browser mini
    05-29-2011 11:13 AM
    Stock Browser is good most of the time
    06-03-2011 12:20 AM
    Inprivate is FAST
    06-24-2011 07:26 PM
    I'm using Bolt right now.. But I wish I could get Firefox. My Optimus V is way too low end to get Firefox. Hopefully I can get the Triumph and get it on that. I've used one of the Operas... Don't remember which one. What's the difference between Opera Mobile and Opera Mini anyways?
    06-25-2011 06:05 PM
    I downloaded Opera Mini and am pretty satisfied with it. It's much faster than the native browser on my Inspire.
    06-25-2011 09:32 PM
    I've been bouncing around testing out a few of the options. I've noticed problems with all of them...annoying stuff that has caused me to keep looking.

Stock - a little too 'basic' and often it hangs up on a page or will just quit loading a page altogether.

Opera - kinda buggy for me. I've been using my Tumblr subscription feed as a "test" of sorts since this seems to be the one site that reacts differently on every browser. Opera was flickering a lot, stopping and starting to reload constantly when I would open my dashboard. I do like the UI. I also like the save image/file option when downloading...allowing me to confirm the download folder or pick a new one via a menu.

Dolphin HD - this one was working great for me and even Tumblr seems to load well...except when it came to scrolling. For some reason scrolling was REALLY laggy and unresponsive on my Tumblr dashboard. Also - and this one was very annoying - when I tap the address bar to input a URL, instead of highlighting all the text for me to overwrite it, it would just place the cursor in the text and I would end up typing the url somewhere in the middle of the text already in the address bar. This is not how I work...

Firefox - slow. Renders poorly, often giving low-res images. Even the google logo on the google page came up pixelated. Weird and disappointing. Tumblr dashboard would not load on Firefox. Even after reloading.

xScope - I just found this one from reading through this thread. I'm impressed so far. The UI takes a little getting used to, but it seems like a good one so far. Tumblr is loading just like it ought to.
    07-05-2011 10:32 AM
    I've been bouncing around testing out a few of the options. I've noticed problems with all of them...annoying stuff that has caused me to keep looking.

Stock - a little too 'basic' and often it hangs up on a page or will just quit loading a page altogether.

Opera - kinda buggy for me. I've been using my Tumblr subscription feed as a "test" of sorts since this seems to be the one site that reacts differently on every browser. Opera was flickering a lot, stopping and starting to reload constantly when I would open my dashboard. I do like the UI. I also like the save image/file option when downloading...allowing me to confirm the download folder or pick a new one via a menu.

Dolphin HD - this one was working great for me and even Tumblr seems to load well...except when it came to scrolling. For some reason scrolling was REALLY laggy and unresponsive on my Tumblr dashboard. Also - and this one was very annoying - when I tap the address bar to input a URL, instead of highlighting all the text for me to overwrite it, it would just place the cursor in the text and I would end up typing the url somewhere in the middle of the text already in the address bar. This is not how I work...

Firefox - slow. Renders poorly, often giving low-res images. Even the google logo on the google page came up pixelated. Weird and disappointing. Tumblr dashboard would not load on Firefox. Even after reloading.

xScope - I just found this one from reading through this thread. I'm impressed so far. The UI takes a little getting used to, but it seems like a good one so far. Tumblr is loading just like it ought to.

Spoke too soon. xScope does this as well. I don't have this problem with the stock browser or Firefox.

I may just have to uninstall all the others and keep the stock browser.
    07-05-2011 12:38 PM
177 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD