Vote for your favorite browser

What browser is best?

• Total voters

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
All stock here. Don't know what it is, but I just prefer it over all of the 3rd party ones. Not to take anything away from them though, Opera and Dolphins are great.

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Never heard of it. Its really that good? I just did a search on the market and i found like three different versions. a "HD" version, a "mini" and one thats just named Dolphin Browser.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I stay stock with my EVO right now.. the better web browser in my opinion is "Stock" some might disagree -

Ps. I've tried almost all of them -

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
K here's a real break down. The Dolphin HD is the most full featured web browser. It has all Flash features so you can watch embedded videos....plus it includes all site based features, main example being that you can go to the full facebook site and tag a friend in your status update. That is an example of it reading that the symbol (@) means to do something special, and it performs it (brings up the options for your friends when you type letters). One setting you must change for all full sites is the 'user agent' : change it to 'Desktop'

Now Dolphin isn't the fastest rendering browser. For that I would go with Opera Mobile. I tried it last night for a bit and wow it flies! Does not have Flash capabilities nor does it recognize the status tagging which was a deal breaker for me. Another knock I have is it does not have a 'desktop' user agent, so if you try to go to Facebook, espn, etc, it first loads the mobile site, and you have to tap on something to take you to the full site.

It also does not use the web address bar as a search engine, which I like on Dolphin as well (ie type in espn and it takes you to a google search of espn where you can then tap espn.com)

Stock is okay but just like when you get a PC, you start with a preloaded web browser that is pretty plain vanilla...not bad but nothing special

So maybe I sound like Aaron or Noah from Phone Dog (yes I know Noah is no longer with Phone Dog) saying "It depends what you want" but it really does....if you want speed, and are okay with compromising a couple features, go with Opera Mobile....if you want the most full web experience possible, and are okay with waiting an extra second or 3 (really not much longer than that)for the page to load, go with Dolphin HD.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I use stock for everyday browsing unless I need the full site, then I go with skyfire, but since their last update that added all the social networking crap, I'm thinking about switching to something else

Sent using Tapatalk Pro on my Evo

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I stay stock with my EVO right now.. the better web browser in my opinion is "Stock" some might disagree -

Ps. I've tried almost all of them -

Same here. I keep coming back to stock because it integrates with everything. Tried all dolphins, xscope, opera, skyfire, fireflx and miren. If I go nonstock then it would be miren.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Opera mini.

I'm partial, though... I've been using Opera on my PCs ever since ver. 8 came out. MowDownJoe's comment about Skyfire enabling him to play video has my curiosity piqued, though, so I will be digging into that... I have some multimedia concerns. (Files that are not supported, like FLAC, amongst others...)

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Firefox's awesome screen is unbeatable, especially if u use firefox as ur desktop browser. Save as pdf, personas, speed are also great. It needs flas and web text copy paste!

Opera mobile is best independent browser all around. But how to make it full screen?

Dolphin ui looks very ugly, and its not faster, definitely not as good as opera imho.