What is your favorite weather app? (2012 edition)

What is your favorite Android weather app?

• Total voters

Joshua Munoz

May 6, 2010
www.joshuamunoz.com
Some of you might be wondering why we're deviating from the polls that currently exist, and trust me, we've got good reason. The last time we ran a "Best Of Android Apps" article was about a year ago, and the Android landscape has changed pretty significantly since then.

These polls are starting nice and fresh, so we can get a true idea of what apps are worthy of being called Android best, so sit back, buckle up, and get voting.

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Beautiful Widgets - love the animations and the amount of skins available. The update that now allows multiple weather locations really sealed it for me.

mordak

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I like Weather Bug Elite. However, am I the only person who feels all the weather apps are in serious need of some visual updating?

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Beautiful widgets sure is beautiful but beauty is skin deep. The widgets lack important weather info including radar. Detail about anything other than extended forecast temps are a url link. Kinda defeats the purpose of an app IMO. I started with WeatherBug but had problems with that one updating itself properly. 1Weather is a new product and worthy to keep an eye on.

The two best IMO are BeWeather and Widgets Pro, and eWeather HD & Radar & Quakes. But now I'm trying Weather Service Pro which is relatively new and less fulled featured than the others while stil giving you the essentials like extended weather, rain chances, and maps. I feel like it does better with the battery too.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I voted Beautiful Widgets, but for general weather info which it provides via the Home Weather widget. Works great for accessing the system clock and calendar too.

But for radar and more in depth weather info including alerts: 3340 Weather app (local Birmingham ABC affiliate with the great James Spann!!!). Even though it's listed as North Central Alabama, it's fully configurable for any location. The maps have a lot of features and are very smooth.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Other: BeWeather

BUT, it's not working properly on my HOX. Beautiful Widgets doesn't work right either. Hope they fix 'em soon!

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I switched over to BeWeather Pro from Beautiful Widgets. BeWeather has more features and better weather source (Weather Underground). Only complaint is I can't get a Beautiful Widgets clock skin to work with BeWeather. It sees the skin, but upon applying it get an error: "Setting: Null". Still researching...

Edit: figured it out, it must be a Beautiful Widgets super clock skin. The one I was trying to use is a home clock skin.

Last edited:

Quijana

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
World Weather Clock Widget.
I really wanted a tiny widget, icon sized, that would show me date, temp, time, chance of rain, but that would not compete with my gorgeous Koi wallpaper.
This one fit the bill perfectly!
Easy to use, just tap it once to get weather for the week.
Works great in the Samsung Galaxy S3.
Darcy