What is your favorite password manager? (2012 edition)

What is your favorite Android password manager?

• Total voters

Joshua Munoz

May 6, 2010
www.joshuamunoz.com
Some of you might be wondering why we're deviating from the polls that currently exist, and trust me, we've got good reason. The last time we ran a "Best Of Android Apps" article was about a year ago, and the Android landscape has changed pretty significantly since then.

These polls are starting nice and fresh, so we can get a true idea of what apps are worthy of being called Android best, so sit back, buckle up, and get voting.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Never used one. Is there one that automatically places the screen name and passwords? Or do they rely on there crappy browser like last pass?

rizzman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
New one I stumbled upon....Uniclau. Not sure if it would be considered a password manager, but helps store credentials to log on to websites. Best part is that you log in to websites by scanning qr codes. Never forget log in info again. Pretty cool app. Can't believe no one has brought it up on AC.:eek:

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm using OI safe. It doesn't save anything online... What's that? It's to 2011? Sorry about that!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

knightfall

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Which one of these apps is closest to the default Passwords app on a BlackBerry? I don't need one that logs in for me. Just stores a basic info, yet quite secure.

Entering a password to get in, and only have "3 tries or data wipe" is preferred.

petern23

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Voted other as I don't like storing passwords electronically. Keep them all in my noggin, much harder to hack! :p

I do IT support and have about 50 of my most helpless users' passwords in my head. For my own stuff, there are simply too many to remember if I'm careful about not re-using them. Also, even low-security applications sometimes require strong passwords (and others don't like case-changes/numbers/symbols), which makes it difficult to use a common password for all the "Who cares?" things that require some kind of sign-up.

anon(961671)

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Which one of these apps is closest to the default Passwords app on a BlackBerry? I don't need one that logs in for me. Just stores a basic info, yet quite secure.

Entering a password to get in, and only have "3 tries or data wipe" is preferred.

Keeper has that functionality. You set a master password to get in, then you can have folders or list. In the settings you set how many times a wrong master password is tried before wiping. I have the paid version and it will save to the Keeper online vault. The beauty of this app is that when a password expires, as happens sometimes, there is an option to scramble and it will produce a random password of numbers, symbols and letters. Very useful for strong passwords. Once changed, sync with the cloud. I have tried wiping the data on my phone and it comes back perfect every time. Try the free version first. Works like a charm.

intoaction66

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I just started using one. I bought msecure during the 25? sale and I'm really digging it. I could never remember passwords. I have a bad habit of Making new accounts and creating a new password that's complex... Then not signing into that account for a month and by that time I forgot! I think M Secure is great though. Does everything I need it to. Love that it integrates with drop box (and uses another password for syncing) so I can have a backup as well as use the same password list with my phone and my tablet, and even for desktop stuff. Haven't really used any others though so don't really know how it compares.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

jorsuss#CB

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I was using 1Password for years when I was an iPhone user. I recently switched over and they have a 1Password reader but I can't edit them on the Android app. Does anyone know if I can import my passwords from dropbox with one of these other apps?

anon(991438)

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I was using 1Password for years when I was an iPhone user. I recently switched over and they have a 1Password reader but I can't edit them on the Android app. Does anyone know if I can import my passwords from dropbox with one of these other apps?

I'm in the same boat as you. I am hoping there is something but honestly I doubt it. It probably has some encryption on the file. I wish they made an Android version, the reader isn't enough of a solution for me.

mel897

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
eWallet... easy item by item sync via wifi (would prefer by cloud)

re survey... eWallet is not read-only anymore on Android. You can edit passwords.

I would use keepass but it does not do a proper sync yet and seems to be moribund on Android.

Last edited:

mel897

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Reply to moosc... Lastpass add-ons are available for Dolphin and Firefox. The Dolphin one works well for me but I'm switching to eWallet. It's not "better" but I only pay once ;-)

DEADF15H

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I was a little stunned the Datavault from Ascendo wasn't on the list already. I just moved from a blackberry to a Note 2. Had to buy a new version for the Android OS, and it synced perfect the first time out with my laptop and desktop. I like them easy and I like them simple, this one does it for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed