What is your favorite music player? (2012 edition)

What is your favorite Android music player?

• Total voters

Joshua Munoz

May 6, 2010
www.joshuamunoz.com
Some of you might be wondering why we're deviating from the polls that currently exist, and trust me, we've got good reason. The last time we ran a "Best Of Android Apps" article was about a year ago, and the Android landscape has changed pretty significantly since then.

These polls are starting nice and fresh, so we can get a true idea of what apps are worthy of being called Android best, so sit back, buckle up, and get voting.

kswildangel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried Google Music yesterday. It said it uploaded 103 songs of mine, but on my Android, only 12 songs were on there. No matter what I did, I could not get it to work for me. I tried to remove the songs and try again, and now NONE of them will upload. I seriously have written them off now.

I looked at this thread because I'm looking for a music player that isn't the stock one that comes w/ Huawei Ascend II . . . can't press stop, cannot edit, basic, boring, no customization. I'd also like it to have the option to post to FB or something . . but it's not even a necessity :)

If you know of one like that . . . please let me know!

AurumTheDragon

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I really like Mixzing. It's kinda slow to load sometimes but I like how it tries to keep playing similar music after an album ends. I find its choices questionable sometimes but I keep using it anyway.

SeaBreez

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Rocket Music Player a free player located in Google Play or Amazon Market - provides unique features that PowerAMP, n7player does like an interactive EQ, ability to create ringtones from songs but unlike these other players RMP is free. No limited trial, no money to purchase these functions. It does have an unlocker that allows users additional functionality.

RMP will be receiving an update at the end of June to coincide with Google I/O.

gdbjr

Banned
Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Tough choice. Rhapsody has the best music selection that I have found, but the interface is crap.

Slacker has the best pre-programmed stations, but caching sucks and music selection is ok.

Spotify requires facebook in the US for new accounts, so it is out.

Rdio has a decent music selection but the interface is crap as well.

TuneIn is ok, but the iphone version has scheduled record and the android version doesn't.

I have all my music up in the Google cloud so Google Play Music is where I have to listen to it, but again the interface isn't very good.

So no clear winner, just a matter of what are willing to put up with.