What is your favorite music player? (2012 edition)

What is your favorite Android music player?

• Total voters

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
So far doubleTwist has been my favorite but they all leave something to be desired compared to the ipod interface on the iPhone though (which I think is very intuitive and easy to use but still offers some depth).

Joshua O

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So far doubleTwist has been my favorite but they all leave something to be desired compared to the ipod interface on the iPhone though (which I think is very intuitive and easy to use but still offers some depth).

I love my GN2!, but lets face it. None of the above mentioned options even hold a candle to the ipod/iphone. I am keeping my iphone 4 to handle my music during long drives, exercising or whatever. I have some music on my Note 2, but it is only for back up purposes when my idevice wasn't available

ifeel4u

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I have grown fond of CarTunes Music Player for its intuitive swipe gestures for use in the car. I can navigate without looking at the phone which makes it safer for use in the car. It also has a voice search feature that my kids get a kick out of.

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I have several problems with PowerAmp. For one, it keeps stopping after playing a song when I told it to play all of the songs and it clearly has not. For another, the interface is not intuitive or discoverable, and they don't provide documentation, saying that it's unnecessary because it's intuitive. Not in my case.

I'm currently trying WinAmp. An old favorite from my windows days.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
My favorite music app is BubbleUPnP. Not only can I play all my local music on my phone, but I can access all my Cloud based Google music as well. But best of all, I can stream all of that directly to my LG TV so I can listen to music over my home theatre system. Or stream to my Xbox if I want. Totally awesome.

disneymagik

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I have to say, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the player I can't live without. I've tried more than a few like the stock player, PowerAmp, WinAmp, Google Play, MusiXmatch and many others. Not a one of them could even come close to being as good as TuneWiki. It has the perfect EQ. I had to have an EQ but didn't want to read a manual or take an A/V class to learn how to use 10 sliders plus knobs & who knows what some of the other stuff did. This one is simple yet functional without being overly complicated. It has Shoutcast streaming radio with tons of free stations, last.FM scrobble, free unlimited song ID, in app social media (for those who are interested) to share your music plays & also to see what others are listening to (which is a great way to find new songs to add to your library), tag editing, create/edit/rename playlists, view your library by song or artist or album in a single tap, see what's playing from your pull down menu where you can also pause/play/skip songs, song lyrics on the play screen scroll along with the music, play screen also shows the run time of current song so while playing the counter & time bar show song progress, share song plays with other TuneWiki members as well as on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and/or Pinterest, create your own custom lyric art to share, read in app background & history on each artist/group, and TuneWiki automatically adds every new downloaded song directly to your library whether it's saved to your device or to your SD card. It also plays through your cars Bluetooth beautifully.
I'm sure I probably missed some features, but I think I hit the important ones.
I highly recommend checking it out. I've looked for a backup player to keep on hand just in case, but they're all so disappointing after you've been so spoiled! :D :p

~*?*~Heidi~*?*~

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY SIII using AC Forums mobile app

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
BS player, it can play audio and video in the background and has a good offline search engine to search your installed content.

miztikas

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
My fav music app would have to be the fusion music player. Not only does it play all of my music, it gives you the option to search for similar artist and tracks online, you can download songs from online and it has shoutcast radio along with a bunch of other features. I would suggest this app to all music lovers worldwide.:eek::thumbup:

Sent from my LG-MS770 using AC Forums mobile app