What is your favorite IM app? (2012 edition)

What is your favorite Android IM app?

• Total voters

Joshua Munoz

May 6, 2010
www.joshuamunoz.com
Some of you might be wondering why we're deviating from the polls that currently exist, and trust me, we've got good reason. The last time we ran a "Best Of Android Apps" article was about a year ago, and the Android landscape has changed pretty significantly since then.

These polls are starting nice and fresh, so we can get a true idea of what apps are worthy of being called Android best, so sit back, buckle up, and get voting.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Kind of surprised trillian isn't listed here.

For me, it's the built in Google talk client. When I have to talk to others using other protocols, it is trillian.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I use Google Talk and Skype - depending who I'm trying to contact.

For Group Messaging, I'm getting a lot of use out of the Messenger feature in the Google+ app.

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Kind of surprised trillian isn't listed here.

For me, it's the built in Google talk client. When I have to talk to others using other protocols, it is trillian.

Agreed. I've been a longtime Trillian user, both on the PC and BlackBerry. It will be one of the first apps I install when I get my new S3. Definitely the best of the multi-protocol IM clients, in my opinion, and I prefer to just have ONE IM app, even for Google. I can't make all my contacts use a single protocol, but I can have conversations with all of them using a single IM client.

Biopsidy

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Trillian. Simple UI and seems to be the only app that properly downloads my friends avatars. Everything else I've tried doesn't show them half the time.

mizifih

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Not to complaint on my first post ever on this Forum, but looks like that the person who thought about this thread forgot the major apps or at least a important one, since more then 60% of the people who voted, selected "Other", LOL.

That said, can we look at what people choose as "Other"? I mean, I really want to know what all the flies are flying over ;)

spartca

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
webOS Messaging App Equivalent for Android?
One of the things I like the most about webOS is its built-in Messaging app that consolidates all SMS and IM from Gtalk, YIM, etc. into one app.

Now that I'm transitioning to Android, I'm wondering if there is any good equivalent? The stock apps seem to separate SMS and IM into two or more applications.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar