View Poll Results: What is your favorite weather app?

Voters
600. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Weather Channel

149 24.83%
  • Beautiful Widgets

165 27.50%
  • Palamary Weather

13 2.17%
  • WeatherBug Elite

213 35.50%
  • Weather widgets (yr.no)

17 2.83%
  • Other (please list below)

71 11.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
09-30-2015 09:48 AM
129 1234 ...
tools
    Still have not found a really good weather app that gives more in depth information, satellite data etc. with a UK and European focus. Many of the good apps mentioned above don't seem to cross the Atlantic very well. The search continues.
    Yooper-SGM likes this.
    07-26-2010 08:35 AM
    Beautiful Widgets and Weatherbug elite combo for me.
    are you able to get BW to pull it's weather data from WBe? my WBe temp reports are dead on, but the Beautiful Widgets is about 5 degrees off.
    07-26-2010 09:49 AM
    I've been pretty happy with the Weather Channel widget. The "Wide" version (1x4) fits in nicely on my home screen and it's been good with updates and location tracking.
    07-26-2010 10:15 AM
    For eyesparky, Weathereye, as I recall, was ok in Europe, and there was another that I explored earlier based in Norway, I think...
    eyesparky likes this.
    07-26-2010 11:01 AM
    For eyesparky, Weathereye, as I recall, was ok in Europe, and there was another that I explored earlier based in Norway, I think...
    Thanks, I will take a look

Edit: No detail for my location on Weathereye ... seems quite Canada centric
    07-26-2010 12:04 PM
    BWH is keeping time but the weather won't update. Mine is set to update every hour but hasn't change in 24 hours.
    07-26-2010 02:24 PM
    I purchased WB Elite after liking the Free version but was disappointed they dropped barometer from it (I used the free version for a while and it had barometer--what up with that??).

So, now I actually prefer "Radar Now" for what up today (temp, barometer, and of course radar, among other things--also, free) and TWC for looking ahead.
    07-28-2010 12:13 PM
    Went with Beautiful Widgets because it is integrated with my BW Home clock. Haven't pursued separting those items yet....
    07-28-2010 12:16 PM
    Weatherbug has been working just fine for me.
    07-28-2010 12:45 PM
    AccuWeather Quick! But just started using, not sure if it does as much as the others. I like the widget though; does just what I want.
    07-28-2010 01:06 PM
    Just downloaded the latest version of beautiful widgets. Is it me or is it tied directly into accuweather now? I lost the option to launch weatherbug with it. :o
    07-29-2010 10:01 AM
    Just downloaded the latest version of beautiful widgets. Is it me or is it tied directly into accuweather now? I lost the option to launch weatherbug with it. :o
    I can't answer your question, but what is the latest versioin # of BW?
    07-29-2010 10:04 AM
    you have to go back through and reconfigure it. i have mine when i touch clock i get calendar and touch time i get weatherbug.
    07-30-2010 08:09 AM
    Weather Channel seems to be more reliable in "following" and updating than WB Elite, for me.
    08-08-2010 05:15 PM
    I'm hoping that Weather Underground (wunderground.com) will one day have an Android app and/or widget. They're the best weather site on the web, by far, IMHO. I've been happy with TWC and use Radar Now for my weather radar - very good app.

I'm not comfortable with Weather Bug after having it on my PC a few years ago and it clogging it with adware and spyware, etc. It was a pain in the butt getting rid of all that and it left a VERY bad taste in my mouth regarding the service. Maybe mine was just bad luck, I don't know, but I ain't messin' with it on my phone.
    08-08-2010 10:03 PM
    I'm currently using BW, but with the Geolocation feature being "off", I'm looking for another weather/clock widget. Any suggestions, or am I out of luck? The developer for BW has told me that the limits of geolocation are what I'm experiencing. I think it sucks that I paid for a program that doesn't do what it's supposed to do on what I think is one of the biggest features. Any help?
    08-10-2010 07:33 PM
    I was using the Weather Channel app for awhile. Switched to the Google Weather app for a couple of weeks. Now I use Weatherbug (the free one). So far the latter is the best for me!
    08-14-2010 07:57 PM
    I use weather underground mobile edition. It loads quickly, and has all the info I need on one screen. I put a shortcut on the homescreen for quick access.

Weather Underground (Mobile)
    08-15-2010 09:34 AM
    I'm trying Snowstorm and really liking it, I tried it a while back and it seemed cumbersome but either they updated it or I didn't notice how customizable it is, not I have it set very nicely and my guess is it uses less resources than WeatheBug Elite.
    08-24-2010 01:45 AM
    does the Weather Channel app still have the "alerts" problem i'm reading about? sending alerts even though you turned the feature off?
    08-24-2010 07:46 AM
    I'm trying Snowstorm and really liking it, I tried it a while back and it seemed cumbersome but either they updated it or I didn't notice how customizable it is, not I have it set very nicely and my guess is it uses less resources than WeatheBug Elite.
    I'm trying snowstorm and it seems to be off on it's temperature accuracy. It's showing 57 when it's 50. Everything else seems fine.

Was wondering how it was working for you?
    08-30-2010 09:55 AM
    I've bought and tried beautiful widgets repeatedly through all versions. I always go back to Weatherbug Elite. Beautiful Widgets force closes, the temperature sometimes does not update or show up in the notification area and it slows down my Droid noticeably - Just too buggy.
    08-31-2010 09:10 AM
    I've bought and tried beautiful widgets repeatedly through all versions. I always go back to Weatherbug Elite. Beautiful Widgets force closes, the temperature sometimes does not update or show up in the notification area and it slows down my Droid noticeably - Just too buggy.
    I have problem of it not updating. I have it set for every 30 minutes, but it doesn't update. Even if I refresh it. no update. Then it will finally update.

As an example, yesterday it was raining it showed sunny and clear. Then it showed raining, but it was just cloudy, no rain.

I love the app just wish it worked better.

Does weatherbug elite widget icon change as weather changes?
    08-31-2010 09:15 AM
    Weather Bug
    08-31-2010 02:30 PM
    I'm trying snowstorm and it seems to be off on it's temperature accuracy. It's showing 57 when it's 50. Everything else seems fine.

Was wondering how it was working for you?
    I ended up switching back to WeatherBug because it had a better app overall, I didn't notice any issue with the temp in Snowstorm but I uninstalled it anyway.

I do wish Weatherbug had more frames of animation for the satellite maps and some other interface colors and icon choices. A 4x4 widget would be great.
    08-31-2010 02:51 PM
129 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD