View Poll Results: What is your favorite weather app?

600. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Weather Channel

149 24.83%
  • Beautiful Widgets

165 27.50%
  • Palamary Weather

13 2.17%
  • WeatherBug Elite

213 35.50%
  • Weather widgets (

17 2.83%
  • Other (please list below)

71 11.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
09-30-2015 09:48 AM
129 12345 ...
    I ended up switching back to WeatherBug because it had a better app overall, I didn't notice any issue with the temp in Snowstorm but I uninstalled it anyway.

I do wish Weatherbug had more frames of animation for the satellite maps and some other interface colors and icon choices. A 4x4 widget would be great.
    I removed it also. Just didn't work for me.
    08-31-2010 03:17 PM
    I've finally had enough of Beautiful Widgets. Now every morning when I first wake the device and tap on the weather icon, it shows the five day forecast starting with the previous day. Also, the high and low for the current day is the previous days numbers. The developer is currently swamped with emails, or I can only imagine, as he doesn't reply back very fast at all. Several days is the norm. I've already gotten a refund once for BW and would like to get another one and wait to see if he finally gets it fixed. Any idea on which email address I'd contact in order to get a refund? Thanks!
    09-04-2010 03:16 PM
    If you're using a task killer I'd bet that's what is causing it.
    09-04-2010 06:07 PM
    I wish it were that easy, but I've never had a task killer installed on this phone. I had a tech at Verizon try to install one once before I successfully stopped him. And a tech on the phone tried to as well and I told them both that a task killer is not necessary as the Android system does a very good job of delegating memory. It seems that I'm not the only person having this problem though as the comments for BW in the Market are full of complaints about this exact same issue.
    09-04-2010 10:25 PM
    Sorry I couldn't help then.
    I had that problem when I first installed it, because my task killer kept killing it and it wouldn't update. Since I removed the task killer no more problems.
    I barely use it anymore because I have decided I would rather have the forecast in the widget than a giant clock but it seems to update fine.
    09-05-2010 10:02 AM
    I love My-Cast. Best radar on the market and it finds me via gps. I highly recommend this app.
    09-09-2010 07:31 AM
    SBSH Weather. Unfortunately not yet out for Android. These are the folks who make PhoneWeaver (Phone profiler). They just announced SBSH weather for iPhooey. So maybe an Android version down the road.
    I used it for years on WinMO. So much data and organized in an easy to access way. Even had METAR data from different stations available. Also listed all known earthquakes occurring anywhere in the world (optional). On my WinMo Today screen I had a 5 day forecast with precip probability and a small radar image I could click on to bring up instant radar map.

So far I have not been able to determine which of the currently available apps shows precip probability. I definitely want that, paid or free.
    Can anyone offer advice in this regard?
    09-14-2010 01:00 PM
    I like weather & toggle widget with its extras app for full screen anim it covers what I need as a window works just as well but would love to see travelmate ported to android. Being a htc desire owner I ditched sence a month after perchase, and if I understood the rooting thing enough to know I wasn't going to brick my device ( to expensive to replace with this current finacial climate ) I would slap a vannilla rom on in a heartbeat.
    09-14-2010 01:58 PM
    OK, I've switched. When I last looked at Weatherbug, it didn't include radar for free, and just seemed weird. Plus, I had issues with getting that da$ned thing off my PC years ago....

But it's now way better, and I like it much more that TWC. Mainly, when you bring up the home screen, it has most of what you want on the first page, rather than forcing you to switch around to get what you want. And, it's graphic, so easier to get at a glance instead of reading.
    09-15-2010 11:21 AM
    The information WB Elite provides is quite amazing, albeit its widget is kinda ugly. So, for widget: Beautifult Widgets, for an app: WB Elite. Life doesn't have to be stormy (pun intended...)
    10-19-2010 07:24 AM
    Considering Weatherbug Elite won, I might have to check it out.

People at the dumb Verizon store when I got my first Droid told me how awful Weatherbug is. They're full of sh-t.
    10-19-2010 08:06 AM
    Weatherbug is indeed very nice, but is there a weather widget that takes up less than half the screen and displays the 3 or 4 day forecast?
    10-19-2010 07:04 PM
    Weather Bug free for me. Better radar than Weather Channel.
    10-21-2010 02:34 PM
    I personally love Animated Weather.
    It has great graphics and can provide a lot of detailed information about the weather.
    10-21-2010 02:39 PM
    I got the Beautiful Widget. I like how pretty it is. I tried WeatherBug and the widget is super ugly. Palamary doesn't have a widget yet it seems. I didn't check out the other(s).
    Hmmm... I am using the Palamary Weather Widget right now.
    10-21-2010 03:20 PM
    I tried weatherbug elite when I first got incredible and it crashed to much,removed it within the free 24hr. period . So now I use weather channel free, it puts a temperture badge in your notification bar
    How did you get the temperature badge in the notification bar? I cant seem to find that setting.

10-21-2010 04:36 PM
    I like would it be other or none of the above?
    Yeah, I just use the stock Sense app/widget.
    10-21-2010 04:41 PM
    I haven't tried all the ones included in the list, I installed Weather Channel but I just didn't really like it all that much. Installed Weatherbug Free and haven't looked back since.
    10-23-2010 05:39 PM
    I have switched to Beautiful Widgets and use "Rainy Days" as my "zoomed in radar" viewing , Accuweather is my long range radar which is linked to Beautiful Widgets in the settings .
    10-27-2010 05:18 AM
    Weatherbug is indeed very nice, but is there a weather widget that takes up less than half the screen and displays the 3 or 4 day forecast?
    Beautiful Weather does! When you long-press your homescreen > Widget > Beautiful Weather > 4x1

Beautiful Widgets and Weather Channel for when you touch the forecast in Beautiful Widgets it'll take me to the Weather Channel for more forecast options.
    or you can set it for weather bug elite.
    How?! The only 2 weather services I see available are Google or Accuweather... How do you link WeatherBug to Beautiful Widget?
    11-05-2010 10:43 AM
    I'm new with android...been trying to get my hands on the APK beautiful widgets, but it appears to only be on torrents or pay servers

Animated Weather for Android - Weather forecast application. The exquisitely realistic video effects of cloudiness, rain and snow provide the vivid sensation of current or future weather conditions for more than 50000 locations over the world.

Animated Weather Android - Best Weather Widget App for Android Phones

11-10-2010 08:45 AM
    I am currently using beautiful widget for my weather and I love the look of it but I wish it had radar.....

Is there something out there that looks as neat and tidy on the home screen but has radar?
    11-25-2010 10:58 PM
    Weather bug elite for me, love the live radar wallpaper.
    11-25-2010 11:14 PM
    beautiful widget is the best so far for me
    12-16-2010 01:55 AM
    Weather Bug...Free Version
    02-25-2011 08:14 PM
129 12345 ...