Vote for your favorite Password Manager app

What is your favorite Password Manager app?

• Total voters

mmontel

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Need help on choosing an app

I am used to using Ascendo Vault. It gives you a desktop app and you can choose to only sync with your phone. It allows you to create templates and is very functional. Any suggestions for a password keeper app similar?

HiPower

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm using SafeWallet. It's the first program outside of Blackberry Password I've used. So far I like it. I'm considering the PC version for sync purposes.

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I really want something that will sync with the desktop and most importantly auto-fill browsers like SpbWallet- unfortunately, they dont support Android.

Safewallet has been promising this for a long time but so far nothing.
What would be a good app/desktop for me?

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I am used to using Ascendo Vault. It gives you a desktop app and you can choose to only sync with your phone. It allows you to create templates and is very functional. Any suggestions for a password keeper app similar?

I contacted Ascendo again yesterday and was advised that they are "are in the final stages of preparation" for the beta for an Android version of DataVault. Ascendo makes some great software but it has sure been a long wait for Android versions.

live2dive73

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
hoping someone can help. Just got Thrive few days ago (still learning the ropes) FIRST android OS.

I am VERY used to Roboform on desktop in that it pops up a box that allows you to "fill forms" when fields are detected on web page. I have tried several of the suggested apps in this thread, but cannot get any to do this. Does such an app exist for thrive/android or am I doing something wrong (or just wishful thinking)

thanks

Mogite

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any experience with DataVault Password Manager? I'm looking at getting a Password Management app and have looked at 5-6 different ones so far and that one seems to have the best user ratings.

Mogite

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
A question for all you who are more tech savvy than I(probably most of you I'm sure). How secure are apps/programs that keep and/or transfer our personal data on a cloud? If banks, Fortune 500 companies, and the govt can all be hacked then can't clouds be so as well?

ThorsWrath

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
A question for all you who are more tech savvy than I(probably most of you I'm sure). How secure are apps/programs that keep and/or transfer our personal data on a cloud? If banks, Fortune 500 companies, and the govt can all be hacked then can't clouds be so as well?

Anything is as safe as its weakest link. which in many cases is the password to the stored databases. If you use a strong enough password and ensure your data is encrypted both at rest and in transit you can be reasonably safe.