Vote for your favorite iTunes sync app

What is your favorite iTunes sync app?

• Total voters

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
iSyncr: LOVE IT. The Droid will not play DRM protected files.

I agree with almost everything you say, but I was not a happy camper at all with isyncr. It bugged me that every time it ran it appeared to remove and rewrite my entire library on the DX, didn't retain the playlist selections from one run to another, and imbedded its logo into my windows 7 file explorer. I also didn't like that it ran its .exe file from the DX, without being installed as a resident program on the PC. I tried it, and the others, but wasn't satisfied with any of them.

I have been much happier with Motorola Media Link, written by Nero, which is available, free on the Motorola site. It gets zero attention on the forums because Motorola hasn't promoted it, and it isn't an App on the smartphone, but it has been working beautifully for me, for music and photos. I haven't used the podcast functionality.

Sonicaholic

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'll be waiting on froyo to check that out for it's itunes sync first as we Desire owners are looking forward to the update within a week. ;)

dgs2000

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Salling Media Sync- Answer to my iTunes sync prayers

I've been REALLY struggling with getting my Mac iTunes music collection onto my DX. I couldn't just copy the music folder since I had way to big a collection to fit on the 16GB card, plus drm'd music and music video files that wouldn't play anyway needed to be excluded. I REALLY wanted something like the Blackberry Desktop manager I used with my previous phone that let me choose certain playlists to sync and just handled the rest. I tried DoubleTwist- disaster. Could not get it to recognize my DX at first, and then it would not recognize the contents of my playlists.

Finally after some Google searching, I found Salling Media Sync for Mac OS X (they have a Windows version too). It works just like Blackberry Desktop did (the media syncing anyway) and allows me to select playlists, photos, etc from my iTunes and iPhoto libraries to sync. Copies album artwork too! They have a paid version that is supposedly faster, but the free version was plenty fast enough for me and my simple needs.

Just wanted to share in case anyone was struggling with this as much as I was.

smsm-index_03.png

Salling Software - Salling Media Sync for Mac

bobniborg

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok, here is what i have done. I downloaded doubletwist and created a playlist on the pc. Then sync the dx. Then i use the standard media player. This allows me to shuffle in a playlist. This was a horible oversight by the platform. No good media player

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, since I can't sync podcasts from my Mac to my EVO, I'll have to say "none of the above". I know of everyone talking about just downloading OTA, but I would rather download video podcasts (which tend to be huge) to my computer first. DoubleTwist continues to drag its feet in this regard (why can the PC version subscribe to podcasts, but not the Mac version? That's royally messed up).

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Do any of these sync iTunes DRM videos? I have a bunch of Blu-ray movies that came with digital copies that I had to get via iTunes..

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site

Syntaxx

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Cory suggested iSyncr and I haven't looked back ever since. It's simple, effective, reasonably quick, and well worth the cost.

donald.aleshire

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
with iSyncr, I am confused on how to get rid of music, specifically playlists? When I want to update my music, I do not see a way to get rid of old playlists I do not want any more, am I missing an option? Any help would be helpful! Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae