Vote for your favorite launcher here

Which Android launcher do you think is the best?

• Total voters

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
OK guys and gals, this one has been a long time coming. Some of us love the launcher than comes with the phone, be it Sense, Touchwiz, PhilBlur or vanilla. Some of us love the third party options, and find they add something that the OEM equipment lacks.

Vote in the poll, and comment away. It helps us know what you like, and it helps developers determine what they might need to add to their apps.

For the record -- I voted ADW. Love all the options, and the fact that it's open source puts it over the edge for me.

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
ADW, especially now that you can have custom icons. Here's to hoping that darch includes the new version in cm6rc2. :D

Sent from my CDMA Hero running CM6. Got me some hot froyo on hero action!

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Philblur. Yep I said it, went there got the tee shirt. I have tried ADW and LauncherPro; while nice and snappy, I just prefer Philblur/Motoblur/BlurSomething for some reason.

anon(39328)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Using Launcher Pro Plus, and I like it a great deal. I really preferred the look and feel of ADW much better though, but it force closed way too much if I used more than three screens.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
OK guys and gals, this one has been a long time coming. Some of us love the launcher than comes with the phone, be it Sense, Touchwiz, PhilBlur or vanilla. Some of us love the third party options, and find they add something that the OEM equipment lacks.

Vote in the poll, and comment away. It helps us know what you like, and it helps developers determine what they might need to add to their apps.

For the record -- I voted ADW. Love all the options, and the fact that it's open source puts it over the edge for me.

ADW, especially now that you can have custom icons. Here's to hoping that darch includes the new version in cm6rc2. :D

Sent from my CDMA Hero running CM6. Got me some hot froyo on hero action!

ADW for me. I've tried Launcher Pro; I can't say why, but I just didn't like it as much as ADW.

ok somebody here is lying haha. i just voted adw and it says that their are 3 votes for adw. so who is it! :p

adw is probably the smoothest launcher i have used. its lightweight and customizable. what more could a android-o-holic like myself as for in a launcher

sookster54

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I like LauncherPro the most so far, however resizing widgets requires buying LauncherPro Plus (I guess I'll do it sometimes) while other launchers/themers allow it. I also have Open Home on my Quench (Android 1.5) and it's a pretty simple lightweight launcher and aHome themes are compatible so I'd vote for that for non-2.1 users.

mikejs78

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
ADW. By Far. I love the customization options and the fact that I was able to make it have more icons in the app tray and have my "swipe up" gesture show the 7 home screens.

Simple stuff, but it works for me.

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
ok somebody here is lying haha. i just voted adw and it says that their are 3 votes for adw. so who is it! :p

adw is probably the smoothest launcher i have used. its lightweight and customizable. what more could a android-o-holic like myself as for in a launcher

Lol, that would be me, apparently, there's a poll to click. It doesn't show on tapatalk. I'll have to get on with my laptop later.

EDIT: Voted finally. :D

Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got me some hot froyo on hero action here!

Last edited:

sookster54

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I also have Open Home on my Quench (Android 1.5) and it's a pretty simple lightweight launcher and aHome themes are compatible so I'd vote for that for non-2.1 users.

Changed my mind, once I found LiveHome I scratched Open Home, looks much cleaner, more customizable and doesn't lag.

LauncherPro (Plus) still #1 for 2.1> though. :)

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I was torn beteen ADW and Launcher Pro. Launcher Pro just seems easier to use to me. There's definitely more options with ADW and I like that you can change the look of the deck (is there an option for that with LauncherPro?) but I just like the overall feel of LauncherPro more.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I listed Sense.....I tried LauncherPro, but got fairly regular FC's, and didn't see the advantages. It seems that folks like LauncherPro, but then replicate Sense's icons and widgets with other 3rd party solutions.

Other than landscape and the 3D drawer, what advantages do folks see in using LauncherPro or other launchers?