33 6.57%
  • Go SMS

175 34.86%
  • Other

67 13.35%
08-03-2017 11:29 PM
140 1234 ...
tools
    It makes me want to try GO Launcher, as a matter of fact... But I'm pretty attached to Fede...
    I feel the same about ADW, but I'm going to try the GO Launcher for a day, Im curious about it.
    01-01-2011 09:03 AM
    Handcent..
    01-01-2011 09:09 AM
    I tried Handcent for a couple of days but my battery drained even more than it does now. I am going to try GO. The stock messaging is good for me on my Samsung Fascinate. But that is the fun part of Android, trying all kinds of stuff but having that decent backup.
    01-01-2011 11:12 AM
    Tried Handcent a long time ago, the UI wasn't very well thought-out. Lots of options but confusing and not well organized.

Switched to chomp, was satisfied but then came the ads(!!!), decided to pay for it.

Then heard of GO, gave it a try but didn't have the granular controls offered by chomp, went back to chomp.

Verdict: It's not that difficult (though time consuming) to try out all 3 apps by yourself and make a decision.
    01-01-2011 03:20 PM
    I've keep switching and returning back to Chomp. It just works in the most situations, with the most associations, with the most successful delivery, MMS, etc. for me. Not as pretty as Go but more functional and consistent for me than Stock and Handcent. -Pk
    01-01-2011 05:56 PM
    I'm using Handcent and, so far, I love it.
    01-02-2011 07:09 PM
    Jeez, can't any SMS program have it all? This is the one time I miss my BB, because I never had any issues even when I used Chomp or Beyond 160 on my BB.
    I have that same problem with alarm clocks for the bedroom.

I've played with it for about an hour now and it seems that it's still missing quite a few little tweeks that Handcent already has. I'm starting to wonder if it's good enough for now till they add features or what is driving me to give this a shot if Handcent has it all already...

Still looking. Fun to have the option!
    01-02-2011 07:38 PM
    I had to dump Handcent because of it turning outgoing messages into unintelligible gibberish and it splitting very short messages into 3, 4, or 5 messages. Very weird.
    01-02-2011 08:39 PM
    I actually prefer the stock App, but I might give Go a try seeing as how I haven't given it a go yet (see what I did there)

Hahahhaha
    01-05-2011 12:36 AM
    Been using Handcent since day one. Looks like I may have to give Go a shot though.
    01-05-2011 11:34 AM
    Handcent for the useful pop-up feature. Easy for when in the car using Nav or listening to Pandora to have the pop-up come up, let me read it, hit the mic button to speak my reply, music starts back up and on I go. Touch the screen exactly one time.

Love it.
    01-07-2011 10:26 AM
    From the little I've used it, eBuddy works great.
    01-07-2011 04:06 PM
    I voted go sms, but now my picture messages stay pending for days and days and don't ever actually send. never had that issue with handcent, so I may switch back.
    01-07-2011 06:42 PM
    and of course as soon as I switch back to handcent and start loving it again, it starts making my outgoing messages gibberish. so I'm back to go sms and I guess I'll just keep the stock messager installed and use it for media messaging until they get that working again. or until handcent plays nice with my texts again.
    01-11-2011 11:20 PM
    Hey! That's the same problem I had. Look for some of my earlier posts in this thread on this very problem. This happened to me more than half the time. Moreover, it would split ANY message I sent into 10-word parts. I had a 52-word message split into 6 frickin' parts--each with 10 words and the last with 2.

When I contacted the developers, with whom I had multiple Emails, their final response to me was: "Weird. Sorry, but we can't figure it out."

I then dumped Handcent and went with Go SMS.

Note: While Go SMS has not yet turned my outgoing messages into gibberish, it HAS split my messages into 10-word ones. Ugh!
    01-11-2011 11:25 PM
    I've used Chomp and it was cool but I've recently discovered Handcent and I'm liking it so far.
    01-12-2011 12:17 AM
    Hey! That's the same problem I had. Look for some of my earlier posts in this thread on this very problem. This happened to me more than half the time. Moreover, it would split ANY message I sent into 10-word parts. I had a 52-word message split into 6 frickin' parts--each with 10 words and the last with 2.

When I contacted the developers, with whom I had multiple Emails, their final response to me was: "Weird. Sorry, but we can't figure it out."

I then dumped Handcent and went with Go SMS.

Note: While Go SMS has not yet turned my outgoing messages into gibberish, it HAS split my messages into 10-word ones. Ugh!
    I googled for troubleshooting and ironically this was pretty much the only place where I really saw the problem replicated :/ It was only happening with one contact, though, but we're also close friends so of course we're going to text a lot and that just won't fly. I posted on the handcent bug reporting forums but so far no one's replied. I e-mailed go sms about my picture messaging issues a few days ago and so far nobody's replied. I've seen a few comments about people having their picture messages pend and pend for days and sometimes not even send at all on appbrain so I'm hoping they're able to fix it. I haven't had any of my texts split into 10 word ones yet.

I do miss the ringtone options I had in handcent, and the ability to have my screen unlock to see my quick reply windows pop up when I get texts. I tried chomp sms for about 10 minutes but wasn't feeling it.
    01-12-2011 09:18 PM
    My gibberish problem was happening to only one contact as well. The 25-year-old is a fish out of water without his BlackBerry Curve, so he lives by text. Every time I texted him it was gibberish and split into mini-messages.
    01-12-2011 09:39 PM
    Hahaha I kind of go nuts when I can't text, too. It sucks that they don't know what to do about the bug. And it looks like go sms did an update within the last 24 hours, and they said they'd addressed MMS issues. I installed it and tried picture messaging again and it's still just pending forever and not going through. I just can't win
    01-13-2011 06:20 PM
    Hahaha I kind of go nuts when I can't text, too. It sucks that they don't know what to do about the bug. And it looks like go sms did an update within the last 24 hours, and they said they'd addressed MMS issues. I installed it and tried picture messaging again and it's still just pending forever and not going through. I just can't win
    good news: I can send picture messages through go sms with the new update!
    bad news: same friend who got gibberish before through handcent just got a message with it through go. but the other texts afterwards have been ok. I'm really hoping it doesn't happen again.
    01-24-2011 07:42 PM
    I like the stock SMS that came on my epic.
    02-11-2011 11:15 PM
    good news: I can send picture messages through go sms with the new update!
    bad news: same friend who got gibberish before through handcent just got a message with it through go. but the other texts afterwards have been ok. I'm really hoping it doesn't happen again.
    The sole reason I had to abandon Handcent was because a friend of mine with whom I'd text was getting ALL of my messages in gibberish, and each one cut up into 4 to 5 short messages, even when my original message was but a few, short sentences in length, 50 characters or less.
    02-11-2011 11:43 PM
    Not much love for Chomp in the comments it seems.. but I kind of want to try it out. The popup seems a lot nicer looking than Handcent's (which I've used).
    02-25-2011 07:32 AM
    Chomp rocks. Designed my own theme. Love it.
    02-25-2011 07:50 AM
    I'm actually using GO SmS to go with Go Launcher, great combo
    02-26-2011 09:35 PM
140 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD