Vote for your favorite SMS/MMS replacement app

What is your favorite text messaging app

• Total voters

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey! That's the same problem I had. Look for some of my earlier posts in this thread on this very problem. This happened to me more than half the time. Moreover, it would split ANY message I sent into 10-word parts. I had a 52-word message split into 6 frickin' parts--each with 10 words and the last with 2.

When I contacted the developers, with whom I had multiple Emails, their final response to me was: "Weird. Sorry, but we can't figure it out."

I then dumped Handcent and went with Go SMS.

Note: While Go SMS has not yet turned my outgoing messages into gibberish, it HAS split my messages into 10-word ones. Ugh!

I googled for troubleshooting and ironically this was pretty much the only place where I really saw the problem replicated :/ It was only happening with one contact, though, but we're also close friends so of course we're going to text a lot and that just won't fly. I posted on the handcent bug reporting forums but so far no one's replied. I e-mailed go sms about my picture messaging issues a few days ago and so far nobody's replied. I've seen a few comments about people having their picture messages pend and pend for days and sometimes not even send at all on appbrain so I'm hoping they're able to fix it. I haven't had any of my texts split into 10 word ones yet.

I do miss the ringtone options I had in handcent, and the ability to have my screen unlock to see my quick reply windows pop up when I get texts. I tried chomp sms for about 10 minutes but wasn't feeling it.

Last edited:

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
My gibberish problem was happening to only one contact as well. The 25-year-old is a fish out of water without his BlackBerry Curve, so he lives by text. Every time I texted him it was gibberish and split into mini-messages.

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha I kind of go nuts when I can't text, too. It sucks that they don't know what to do about the bug. And it looks like go sms did an update within the last 24 hours, and they said they'd addressed MMS issues. I installed it and tried picture messaging again and it's still just pending forever and not going through. I just can't win :(

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha I kind of go nuts when I can't text, too. It sucks that they don't know what to do about the bug. And it looks like go sms did an update within the last 24 hours, and they said they'd addressed MMS issues. I installed it and tried picture messaging again and it's still just pending forever and not going through. I just can't win :(

good news: I can send picture messages through go sms with the new update!
bad news: same friend who got gibberish before through handcent just got a message with it through go. but the other texts afterwards have been ok. I'm really hoping it doesn't happen again.

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
good news: I can send picture messages through go sms with the new update!
bad news: same friend who got gibberish before through handcent just got a message with it through go. but the other texts afterwards have been ok. I'm really hoping it doesn't happen again.

The sole reason I had to abandon Handcent was because a friend of mine with whom I'd text was getting ALL of my messages in gibberish, and each one cut up into 4 to 5 short messages, even when my original message was but a few, short sentences in length, 50 characters or less.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Not much love for Chomp in the comments it seems.. but I kind of want to try it out. The popup seems a lot nicer looking than Handcent's (which I've used).

Jeryl31

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
What's Go Launcher like? Haven't heard much about it.

Pretty much the same thing as Launcher Pro, transparents icons, multiple docks, there's no option to actually change the transitions between switching apps, unread counts for email, sms and calls. Gestures, themes, app drawer settings and more, but i hope to make a video for you guys on this soon so you can actually see it in action

Hest88

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hm. I'm trying Go right now and I do love the way it looks. But I keep trying to send progressively smaller jpegs and none of them are going through. I may need to switch back to Handcent.

Sensu

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I am a new transfer from Iphone 3 and 4 to the inspire. I tried Handcent and it was ok, but then i tried go sms and i loved it even more. Specially since it has the chat layout like the iphone, it made the transfer feel easier.

I would definitely give go sms a try

fadepoint89

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
sms app

I prefer SwiftKey. It goes through your messages and predicts your next word. Its like it knows what your thinking. No lag on the device either.

Definitely recommend purchasing it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon