12-25-2010 07:43 PM
602 ... 89101112 ...
    Open an account on appbrain...well worth it.
    06-24-2010 10:36 AM
    Open an account on appbrain...well worth it.
    Damn! Blocked @ work

"Based on your corporate access policies, access to this web site ( AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market ) has been blocked because the web category "Games" is not allowed. "
    06-24-2010 10:39 AM
    I agree, get appbrain. I still can't accurately list my true 5 favorites since I am a new android user (not even 2 weeks). But so far I use these the most

Andoku (the best sudoku game I've found)
    Cubed (love the music player)
    Sprint TV (love it on the train. Just rewatched the LOST finale, how can a phone that lets you do that be bad?)
    06-24-2010 11:50 AM
    this week:

LauncherPro (my favorite home replacement - tried them all)
    ESPN ScoreCenter
    QuickDesk (creative new home "pop up" from the helix developer)
    Battery Indicator (self explanatory)
    Quick Settings (very convenient icon in the notification bar that allows you to toggle all features; plus has a built in flashlight feature)
    06-24-2010 12:43 PM
    Damn! Blocked @ work

"Based on your corporate access policies, access to this web site ( AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market ) has been blocked because the web category "Games" is not allowed. "

3G for sites that are blocked
    06-24-2010 01:03 PM
    Top 5 Android Apps on my HTC Droid Incredible:

1. Advanced Task Killer by ReChild
    2. Battery Widget by geekyouup
    3. HTC Sense (Friend Stream)
    4. Dolphin Browser HD
    5. AndExplorer by Lysesoft
    (6. Documents To Go)

I have a web site where I am starting to do reviews of Android Apps (and a couple of handheld devices). ksguy.com The app Id LOVE to review and add to the top of my list would be a podcast player with the ability to pause audio quickly, without hunting for the right pixel to tap, fast forward and rewind. Any recommendations?
    06-24-2010 05:07 PM
    1. Advanced Task Killer
    2. Touiteur
    3. Handcent SMS
    4. Air Control (Awesome game, addictive as hell)
    5. ESPN ScoreCenter

World Cup 2010 - FotMob by Score Service Ltd deserves an honorable mention at the present moment during World Cup play...
    06-25-2010 05:13 PM
    Only 12 days into being an android owner (DInc), but here it goes:

1: USA Today
    2: ScoreMobile (tons of sports, great widget as well)
    3: Pandora
    4: Google Goggles
    5: Google Maps (navigation)
    06-25-2010 07:37 PM
    Had my Incredible for about a month:

1. Handcent SMS
    2. Tapatalk Pro
    3. Speed Test - I like to remind myself how fast this phone is :-)
    4. Battery Indicator
    5. K-9 (only because all the other email programs suck)

I almost forgot about appbrain !!! It ranks up there.
    06-28-2010 10:49 PM
    Have had my Hero for almost a month, but I'd go:

1. Twitter for Android w/ ReTweet
    2. Dolphin Browser HD (Now my default browser)
    3. MixZing (My default Music app.. Found all album art for me as well)
    4. Google Listen (great way to keep up with Podcasts, especially since I gave my iPod Touch away when I bought my Hero)
    5. Task manager (great for closing all those apps that have no business running in the background.. Has added a lot of battery life to my phone)
    06-28-2010 11:16 PM
    Movies by Flixter
    Better Keyboard
    06-29-2010 08:38 PM
    Remember The Milk
    Sling Player
    06-29-2010 11:25 PM
    1. Handcent SMS
    2. Swype
    3. Gmail
    4. Voice
    5. Talk
    06-30-2010 01:56 PM
    1. Memento
    2. Astro
    3. Google Maps
    4. Google Talk
    5. Twitter
    07-01-2010 12:39 AM
    1. Choice Dailer
    2. Battery Time
    3. Weather Bug
    4. Stock Quote
    5. Task Manager
    07-01-2010 02:25 PM
    Visual Voicemail
    Stitcher (awesome podcasts)
    Zedge (all ringstone ever)
    07-01-2010 03:31 PM
    1. Shazam - Tags the music you hear as it's playing in the world.
    2. c:geo - Geocaching for the win!
    3. IMDb - All you ever need to know about movies.
    4. Mr. Number Caller ID - Caller ID, and it's free.
    5. Bump - You can now share apps via fist bump.
    07-03-2010 01:47 PM
    LauncherPro - just the best home screen replacement app
    SekaiCamera = booming augmented realty app
    quick settings
    tricorder - very nice since froyo
    GPSStatus - the full monty
    07-03-2010 05:33 PM
    Just tried sports tap and really like it!!!!
    I prefer ScoreMobile's UI and smoothness...
    07-03-2010 05:52 PM
    1. Shazam - Tags the music you hear as it's playing in the world.
    2. c:geo - Geocaching for the win!
    3. IMDb - All you ever need to know about movies.
    4. Mr. Number Caller ID - Caller ID, and it's free.
    5. Bump - You can now share apps via fist bump.
    If you like Shazam you'll love SoundHound...
    07-03-2010 05:55 PM
    1. Locale - fantastic profile switcher. (Still not as complete as the BB ones, but more automation)

2. ADW Launcher - along with Launcher Pro, the best home launcher around. If you use more than 1 Launcher app by the way HOME SWITCHER is a fantastic, light app to switch quickly between launchers and set defaults quickly.

3. QUICK DIAL is a great speed dialing tool.

4. APP BRAIN is a great tool to browse and install apps from a web based interface on a PC. There's the website and the light Android app client to sync.

5. xScope BROWSER Easily the best browser available for android. Excellent 1-handed sliding zoom, real tabbing, MANY other great features.

Bonus ones I love:
    Good Morning Alarm (wake to custom spoken greating, spoken weather, spoken time date. It's so cool.
    My POSITION -Easy fast way to send anyone your location immediately
    DropBox The best way to share files among PC, phone, etc etc
    07-03-2010 06:49 PM
    07-03-2010 06:55 PM
    [QUOTE=garry1980;195973]1. Memento

Wow, momento asks for some heavy permissions. Why would it need to mount and unmount the filesystem?
    07-03-2010 07:56 PM
    If you like Shazam you'll love SoundHound...
    +1 . SoundHound is amazing
    07-03-2010 10:35 PM
    Best Task Manager: I've tried 5-10 of these puppies, and while Advanced Task Killer (Free) is no slouch, I def have to go with Automatic Task Killer. Great battery life, easy interface, limited/no ads, and 2 great widgets.

Games: Thanks to this thread I discovered Cestos = the BESTos!

Homerun Battle 3D is also amazing and has great multi-player online play.

If you haven't tried NESoid with the Wii Controller functionality you are seriously missing out. I simply dock my Droid in landscape and play Super Mario Bros. 3 with my Wii controller wirelessly. 'Nuff said.

I also suggest Bubble Defense, Robo Defense, Toss It, and Phit Droid!

Productivity: Adobe Reader, ASTRO File Manager (doubles as great back-up app,) Documents To Go (Full - well worth $9.99,) Dropbox (wireless file syncing to the max,) Evernote, GDocs (great for people who use Google Docs,) Jorte (beautiful agenda/calendar replacement app,) Mint.com (MUST HAVE,) OI Safe, and USA Hot Jobs (The answer to the unemployment rate? Android users able to change the world!)

Music: gStrings (amazing app for tuning guitar or whatev,) Listen (best podcast app hands-down,) Music Wizard (the Limewire of Android,) Pandora, Slacker, and SoundHound (sorry Shazam!)

For Root Users: ROM Manager, AdFree, Root-Ed ShoutBox, SetCPU, Spare Parts, and Wireless Tether...

Reading: Kindle, NewsRoom, and the best Bible app - KJV Bible (Search "talking Bible." It has more than just the KJV, but is amazing. Must try.)

Utilities: Uninstaller, Scientific Calculator, Calorie Counter, Craigsnotifica (Craigslist app,) Dictionary.com, Goggles, Google Translate, Google Sky Map, HistoryEraser, IMDb, Kayak (for traveling, flights, hotels, etc,) myLock Prefs (so your phone automatically unlocks - amazing,) Recordoid (MUST HAVE VOICE RECORDER,) TeslaLED (camera flash = flashlight - w/ great widgets,) Timeriffic, and Vlingo!

Entertainment: Epic Fail, Gowalla, Mario Soundboard, Tapatalk Pro, TV.com, and Ustream Viewer.

Backgrounds & Ringtones: Zedge and Backgrounds...

Photography (Huge hobby of mine...): FxCamera, PhotoFunia, Picasa Tool, PicSay Pro, Retro Camera, and Vignette. I take professional-quality pics on my Droid with these software(s)...

Weather: WeatherBug Elite - no question. Unrivaled widgets, accuracy, features, etc.

Browser: apart from my stock Chrome browser with Adobe Flash, I recommend the newest SkyFire - much improved.

Miscellaneous: Android Central widget (of course,) Runstar, ScoreMobile (best sports app - period,) ESPN ScoreCenter, Shopper (by Google,) Where, Google Voice, tumblroid, and MY FAVE TWITTER APP (for the last couple days, anyway)... SEESMIC! (Gotta love that raccoon! And the free window decals they sent me!)

If these seem like a lot (or overwhelming,) please know I have all those and MORE installed on my Moto Droid running ChevyNo1's Simply Stunning 4.3 overclocked to 1.25 GHz on Android 2.2! Runs smooth as butter and quick as greased lightning. No complaints here. Feel free to ask me any ?'s regarding any of my choices. For the record, I have personally purchased and tried EVERY Twitter app on the Market - so don't hesitate to ask me anything (or tweet me @a_googler!) Thanks all!
    srfcrzy and anonymous928374 like this.
    07-03-2010 11:10 PM
602 ... 89101112 ...