12-25-2010 07:43 PM
602 ... 1314151617 ...
tools

iRT Calendar replacement app: Makes Google calendar do so much more in a nice UI
    LOVE it! Can't believe it isn't a "hot" app. No other calendar compares. I was using DateBk on my Palm years ago and couldn't live without it. This is very similar.
    07-19-2010 10:39 PM
    Jorte for the calendar month view and widgets

Stats- shows data usage, txts and calls

Fetch It- find your phone when it's stuck in the seat cushions

CT Scheduler (beta)
    I agree, Jorte for calendar

also I use MailDroid to replace the stock mail on my DX
    07-19-2010 11:40 PM
    "my phone tools" is a blessing for me, can't hang up on people with your cheek anymore
    07-20-2010 12:07 AM
    anyone every try volume locker? or any other app that when you hit the volume buttons you need to confirm the change?
    07-21-2010 10:18 AM
    Google is Skynet
    It's just a matter of time before Google becomes self-aware and Judgement Day arrives.
    07-21-2010 11:19 AM
    I am using the Welcome to Facebook | Facebook (facebook touch site) ... gives a better UI than the Android version of facebook and should be able to be updated independent of platform. Only glitch I have encountered is that only some of the contacts are listed in a page and the right side arrow to go to more is not selectable. I tend to search for a contact anyway, so not a deal breaker. Worth a look.

There is a case for a number of web centric apps to be replaced by well thought out, touch based mobile sites but that is a wider debate ...
    Wow, that is awesome. thanks.
    07-21-2010 12:12 PM
    Now that I've had my phone for several months here's my updated top 5.

Launcher Pro
    - A kick butt replacement launcher
    APNDroid - Turn on and off carrier data, only works with GSM phones
    Tasker - The swiss army knife of apps, if you want to automate something on your phone, Tasker can most likely do it.
    Rainy Days - A weather app to display radar images. Works very well.
    KeePassDroid w/ Drop Box - Technically this is two, but using KeePass w/ Drop Box just rocks. My database stays in sync with all my machines and since it lives in the cloud it's backed up.
    07-21-2010 12:31 PM
    Good Morning: I've been playing around with this one for a few days, it's an awesome alarm app called Good Morning, you can set it to read outloud custom text, the weather report for your area, play a song, a bunch of different alarms noises, and even tell you the temperature in Kelvins. And it's got snooze! Best alarm I've found on Android yet.

Looks like the dev released a pay version in the last day or two that adds in the ability to read calendar entries. Haven't tried that out yet, but they've been adding features and doing bug fixes fairly regularly since I first discovered it a couple of weeks ago.
    really snazzy!
    07-21-2010 01:39 PM
    RunKeeper - route, miles, calories, rate, cadence. Awesome. Nobody seems to know about this one.
    07-21-2010 01:42 PM
    RunKeeper - route, miles, calories, rate, cadence. Awesome. Nobody seems to know about this one.
    Personally I use Cardio Trainer but willing to give this one a try. But, shouldn't people know abou this- isn't it the one on the Droid commercial?
    07-21-2010 02:08 PM
    Personally I use Cardio Trainer but willing to give this one a try. But, shouldn't people know abou this- isn't it the one on the Droid commercial?
    Try SportyPal... Of those 3 SportyPal is easily the best than Cardio Trainer
    07-21-2010 02:12 PM
    Never saw a Droid commercial. I'll try cardiotrainer and compare. thx.
    07-21-2010 02:22 PM
    How about a good facebook app? I can't seem to find a decent one
    Bloo 1.5
    07-21-2010 02:26 PM
    Ive been using Good Morning for about a week now, I really like it. Nice to hear the updated weather as Im reaching for the snooze...LOL.

Perhaps the dev could incorporate some different voices too at some point?
    07-21-2010 02:52 PM
    happy to use iMapMyRun.. they've had an eye-phone app forever, but I used them on my desktop for months.. nice tool once you start ramping up some marathon training runs
    07-21-2010 04:10 PM
    ... and don't forget Sneaky Fart..
    07-21-2010 04:11 PM
    Krystle II

If anyone ever hands you their android phone to "just look at", immediately open up the Marketplace and download this app (takes 5 seconds). Open it up and hand it back to them. Love the fur!
    07-21-2010 09:25 PM
    For anyone who likes to play the board game Go, there is GOdroid (to play against the computer) or you can have live matches against other folks on the IGS network via Goigo.

Godroid is free a lot of fun, especially if you are really inexperienced at Go (like me). The computer will provide plenty of challenge.

Goigo is a paid app (I think $3 or something like that) and I haven't tried it yet. I just think it's cool that there is an IGS client for Android.

FYI, there is also a KGS client for Android, but it is more expensive and I don't remember the name of it, but it looks pretty polished.

-SR-
    There is also a free app called gobandroid that works in tandem with gnugo that you can use to play against the computer -- does a very nice job of it.

The KGS client is a lot more expensive than most paid market apps -- I tried the free version when the program was in beta (free version is no longer available), and it was quite slick -- but I would really hesitate before spending the kind of money the app is going for -- which is a moot point, anyway, since paid market apps aren't available to me.
    07-21-2010 09:54 PM
    1) Parallel Kingdom. GPS RPG that i'm addicted too.
    (If you use it and like it and complete the training use referral code: opnyo, pleasseee.)

2) WootWatcher. If you don't know what woot is, you should check it out woot.com.

3) AppAlarm Pro. Alarm for Pandora, Slacker etc.. has backup if you can't connnect to play a song on your phone.

4) Vignette. Posted earlier but had to repost, you can't get better than this photo app.

5) Aloqa. Want to see what people are doing in your area from Local Deals, Food to Go, Housing, to Job postings this is your app.

Also honorable mention. Craigsnotifica, wonderful app if you want automated searches on craigslist.
    07-22-2010 06:25 PM
    I'm still pretty new to the android universe but so far my top 5 apps would.have to be (in no particular order):

1. Robi defense- I drain my battery consistently with this game- its so addicting!
    2. Beautiful widgets + weatherbug pro (used TWC for a while, pretty solid)
    3. Last.fm- so amazing, I've been using last.fm for like 6 years so it knows my music taste extremely well
    4. Jorte for calendar management and tasks
    5. Newsrob for google reader- its the best reader app i've found so far

I tried to list apps I haven't seen mentioned too often... some honorable mentions: seesmic (for twitter), 3bananas (note taking), dropbox, and appbrain.
    07-23-2010 03:07 AM
    Figured this'd be a good thread to start in. (been lurking for quite a while.)

My top 5 apps :

1) LauncherPro plus (worth the 2.99 - get it while you can!)
    2) Beautiful Widgets
    3) Twidroid (twydroyd or something absurd like that now.)
    4) SportsTap
    5) Pandora
    07-23-2010 06:43 PM
    Can't believe no one has mentioned Moov. I just found it today. Searches apps and contacts from a text box, can find most people and most apps with only 3-4 letters. Really seems to be a great app.
    07-23-2010 10:39 PM
    1.Facebook
    2.Pandora
    3.Engadget
    4.Robo Defense
    5.Advanced Task Killer
    07-23-2010 10:47 PM
    Love the Swype.
    07-24-2010 10:56 AM
    1. Jorte
    2. Docs To Go Full
    3. AndFTP