12-25-2010 07:43 PM
602 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Mspot- gives you 2 gb of free space to upload your music and stream it yo your phone, also has a widget which works great
    08-30-2010 04:12 AM
    Precisely
    by Ajay Deonarine
    Free

This app sends your GPS coordinates, latitude and longitude to your friends via SMS or email.

The link can be opened by any smartphone, iPhone and BlackBerry users.

Can be used as a parking app to set the coordinates of where you parked your car.

Long press the map to send locations other than your own.

Precisely - Android app on AppBrain
    bclinger#IM likes this.
    08-30-2010 05:39 AM
    Astro
    Handcent
    Dolphin Browser
    Pandora
    AppBrain
    08-30-2010 09:08 AM
    Tasker

Allows you to automate just about anything. I have a profile that puts it on vibrate during church, turns on the gps when I open maps or navigate, and a more complicated on that turns the cell radio on and off during work hours to save the battery (my workplace is just on the edge of cell range and the phone searches for signal quite often).

AppBrain link
    08-30-2010 10:21 AM
    Paid
    • Beautiful widget (great clock and weather widget as well as bluetooth, wifi, etc)
    • Battery Indicator Pro (free version available) - best battery app with notification bar
    • Pure Grid Calendar widget - full month calendar widget
    • Launch -X Pro - create quick access widgets to contacts, apps, bookmarks, settings that take up a fraction of the space on your screen
    • Better Alarm Clock Pro (free version available) - great alarm application
    • Came from BB so bought Advanced Task Manager - but realized that you don't need them on Android and uninstalled - save your money and check this forum on task managers and android

Free Utility Apps
    • Brightness Level - absolute best free widget to quickly change screen brightness
    • MotoTorch LED - works great on my droid x
    • Lookout Antivirus - scan and back up your phone for free
    • SMS popup - tried handscent and chomp but prefer this with the stalk text
    • Rings Extended
    • 3banana Notes - great note app with widget and Google integration to back up
    • Barcode Scanner - scan anything with a barcode including apps from your computer monitor

Free News & Sports
    • MyFoxBoston (or your local city)
    • WHDH New England
    • WEEI Live
    • Sportstap - great widget for your local/fav teams. Tried ESPN and ScoreMobile but ESPN has no widget and ScoreMobile shows all teams not your favs

Free Travel, Dining and Out & About
    • Yelp
    • Urbanspoon
    • OpenTable
    • nru by zagat
    • Citysearch

Free Social Media
    • Facebook for Android - waiting for this to get better but will have to do
    • Bloo Facebook 1.5 - not in market, you will only find 1.4.4 which does not include FB chat. apk can be found via quick Google search
    • Go!Chat - if you are afraid to dl bloo 1.5 but want a FB chat app go with this one
    • I don't use twitter so can't help here.

Free Just for Fun
    • Picsay
    • PhotoFunia
    08-30-2010 03:55 PM
    Too difficult to post just 5. Just a few that I love:

01. ADW Launcher
    02. ChompSMS
    03. Tweetdeck Beta
    04. Genie Widget
    05. AudioManager
    06. BattStatt
    07. Beautiful Widget
    08. Dazzle
    09. TapaTalk
    10. WordFeud
    09-02-2010 04:32 PM
    LauncherPro Plus
    Nimbuzz
    ES File Explorer
    OfficeSuite
    RockPlayer

When it comes to games:
    Dungeon Hunter
    psx4droid
    SNESoid
    HellaUmbrella
    NOVA

Though I must point out that NOVA's pretty difficult on a ClearPad 2000 panel.
    09-04-2010 05:04 AM
    thanks
    09-04-2010 11:48 AM
    Just found this today. It solves ALL my settings access needs or issues. It is now my number one recommendation (ok, maybe number two next to AppBrain...apples to oranges..)

I've spent a lot of time customizing my Evo to be able to have the fastest access to certain settings when needed. I've tried a lot of widgets and so forth but have always wished I had fast and direct access from the notification bar, especially when in the middle of using an app and needing to access them.
    I found one called Quick Settings in the Market today that is beyond perfect. I even proceeded to delete some other apps and widgets that this now replaces for me.
    It has fast access to system settings (including direct GPS) as well as ROM, RAM, Drive space info AND a flashlight allowing a choice of screen or LED. The settings and configuration are really easy and fully customizable. This type of setup should be standard in Android or all phone makers for Android!
    Check it out and make sure to use the menu/customize option for the many setting options not set to view by default.

The cherry on top...: you can set the notification icon to be active but hidden thus saving space on the bar!
    Enjoy!
    09-04-2010 07:42 PM
    Just found this today. It solves ALL my settings access needs or issues. It is now my number one recommendation (ok, maybe number two next to AppBrain...apples to oranges..)

I've spent a lot of time customizing my Evo to be able to have the fastest access to certain settings when needed. I've tried a lot of widgets and so forth but have always wished I had fast and direct access from the notification bar, especially when in the middle of using an app and needing to access them.
    I found one called Quick Settings in the Market today that is beyond perfect. I even proceeded to delete some other apps and widgets that this now replaces for me.
    It has fast access to system settings (including direct GPS) as well as ROM, RAM, Drive space info AND a flashlight allowing a choice of screen or LED. The settings and configuration are really easy and fully customizable. This type of setup should be standard in Android or all phone makers for Android!
    Check it out and make sure to use the menu/customize option for the many setting options not set to view by default.

The cherry on top...: you can set the notification icon to be active but hidden thus saving space on the bar!
    Enjoy!
    Been using this for a while now. Try using it with Quick Battery. You get the battery icon showing battery status(several to choose from) that when you hit it, it takes you to Quick Settings. Hard to beat the combo of both.

I agree with everything you said, it's a great app to have and I've been able to drop some apps because it just does so much for me.
    09-08-2010 03:17 PM
    FYI - CESD, developer behind Pimlico Software, announced less than a month ago the imminent release of an Andriod client for Pimlical, the new cross-platform, desktop "version" (it's a new app really, built from he ground up) of the amazingly awesome DateBk6 for PalmOS. Can't wait!

BTW, anyone have any luck downloading this app: Slide Screen by Larva Labs

ME
    Datebk6 on a smartphone is exactly why I haven't gone to anything yet - I'm still running it on my Garmin iQue 3600. I'm now salivating over a Samsung Captivate - I hope it is sooner rather than later that CESD makes this happen!
    09-11-2010 07:46 PM
    The ones I've found useful, so far...

-ChompSMS - greatest idea ever
    -Barcode Scanner
    -Calorie Counter by FatSecret (especially love the barcode scanner function, this sets it apart from my SparkPeople app)
    -Cashflow (both paid and free, I use free) - checkbook register
    -NoLock (prevents screen lock, I look at my phone a lot and having it lock up is a pain so this is a godsend)

I know there will be more, but these have been my base and most favorite.
    09-12-2010 08:46 PM
    Ameelia, NoLock prevented the system alarm application from displaying the dismissal screen on my Evo.
    09-13-2010 01:26 AM
    1. EasyMoney. This is the best checkbook app ever! I use it to track multiple expenses, set my budget and bill reminders. I've tried several other finance apps but they either do not allow me to have multiple accounts tracking or does not give me a detailed report of my spending.

2. Barcode Scanner. Everyone probably needs this on their android phone, makes things so much easier.

3. Tap Tap. One word, addictive.
    09-14-2010 03:53 AM
    Hmm a few gems I've uncovered would be:

1. USA Today.
    Keeps me updated and it's so easy to read!

2. EasyMoney.
    I think people usually overlook the importance of tracking their finances.
    I was at one point of a time spending so much because I didn't keep track of my expenditure. With EasyMoney I saved a lot and stop spending on redundant stuff and no more late credit card payments!

3. Slide Puzzle.
    Good time killer and keeps me awake!
    09-14-2010 04:05 AM
    1)Angry Birds - The Most Addictive Game ever played
    2)Pinch iMessenger - The Most engaging Messenger
    3)Battery Widget - Useful to Monitor your Battery Usage
    4)TweetCaster - Best Latest Twitter Client for Android
    5)Barcode Scanner - Must Have for all Androids
    09-14-2010 07:03 AM
    1. Solitaire - yeah, I'm old school like that!
    2. Optimum - program my DVR from my phone, yes please
    3. Easy Tether - simply a must have
    4. LIRR - train schedules on my phone
    5. Yahoo! Fantasy Football 2010 - no explanation needed
    09-14-2010 08:09 AM
    My favorites:

News Rob Pro - The best RSS reader, have tried others and nothing else comes close.
    Seesmic - For running multiple twitter accounts nothing else offers everything I need.
    Quick App Clean Cache - A cheap way to clean out caches.
    Android Agenda Widget Plus - Lots of opinions to display calendar.
    Weather Bug Elite - Best way to track weather.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
    09-14-2010 08:48 AM
    1. Trillian (All In One Messenger)
    2. Twicca (Great Twitter Client)
    3. Launcher Pro
    4. Jorte (GREAT CALENDAR)
    5. Simple Note
    09-14-2010 12:09 PM
    Music Junk - found it on the slideme.org app web site.

It's free and allows you to easily download MP3s for free. Not that I would do such a thing. But if I did - this would be a good app for it.
    Nirvana328 likes this.
    09-14-2010 07:13 PM
    Just tried the IRT Calendar -- really nice. Only calendar with icons, works well, responsive developer.
    09-14-2010 07:29 PM
    Just tried the IRT Calendar -- really nice. Only calendar with icons, works well, responsive developer.
    How is the repeat event functionality, and the event entry process? I might buy and try, but I can only do that once before committing
    09-14-2010 09:32 PM
    How is the repeat event functionality, and the event entry process? I might buy and try, but I can only do that once before committing
    Sems to go to stock, but does so easily and quickly. Seems to have complete repeat sequence. Also the "search" mode acts like an agenda.
    09-14-2010 10:27 PM
    iSilo is a great app that I have used on every mobile platform I have ever had (Palm, WM, BB, iPhone)...
    You can download free books, and the desktop client will grab internet articles or even entire websites and convert them for later viewing, you can set it for specific times of day to grab the article...

iSilo
    iSilo is the bane of book lovers. It uses a closed, proprietary format for which there is no way to convert back to a more universal format. It's only redeeming quality is that they do make a port for just about every system (unless, of course, you want to read some of your books on a nook, or a Sony reader, or any number of other readers that support standards but will never support iSilo's proprietary format).

epub, rtf, txt, html, these are worthwhile formats for ebooks.
    09-14-2010 10:44 PM
    Best apps no one knows about:

NoteEverything (especially paid Pro version): yes, I know everyone makes a fuss about Evernote, but I like this better. Textnotes, Paintnotes, Photonotes, Checklists, Reusable Checklists, storage to SD card, excellent develper support.

iRT Calendar replacement app: Makes Google calendar do so much more in a nice UI

OI Safe: My favorite password storage app
    Ok, took the plunge on Note Everything (pretty obvious advantage for notes) but when I'm looking and reading about iRT Calendar, I'm not sold, especially at $6. So what is it that sets it apart from all the rest? Right now I'm just using the stock calendar along with Launcher Pro widget and that seems fine but lacking, so what does this do that has it on your best app list?

Thanks for your feedback.
    09-15-2010 06:41 AM
602 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD